Chapter 25: A small battle

8th month of the Yumas Calendar

The nerves of the other assassins in the room tense up and emit extreme bloodthirst, as they just saw their companion's head get lopped off. The kids are up sitting against the far corner of the room still grief-stricken and fearful.

"Who are you?! How did you find us!?"

A stronger looking fellow was standing in the back harboring twin short swords in his hands emitting radiant flames. He was wearing dark clothing and medium armor. Beside him were two smaller looking people brandishing daggers. Clover takes a few seconds to survey the area.

Clover doesn't answer the stronger person and remains silent.

"No matter, you will meet your end here anyway. Rubio, Ascartes go."

Rubio brandishing what it looks like a dagger throws it at Clover aiming directly at his right leg. Ascartes on the other hand, instead of throwing the dagger sprints at Clover aiming to swing vertically to cut off Clover if he was to dodge his partners' arrow.

"To slow." [Clover]

Clover grabbed the dagger that was thrown towards his leg and parries the vertical strike from Ascartes.

"Whaa-"

Before Ascartes could finish his words Clover impales him in the neck and swings his body onto the floor. Rubio who was still at the back line is shocked and was left off guard. Clover took advantage of this and threw the dagger that he impaled Ascartes with at Rubio. Right, when it was about to hit its intended target a shortsword blocked its path.

"Stay on guard Rubio. It seems our opponent, no matter how he looks, is very experienced in battle."

"Yes officer Lestren." [Rubio]

In Clover's still maturing body, he is far from his peak performance. Clover determines he should take all of his future battles in this seriously. Clover unleashes his blood lust on the two assassins standing before him.

"EEeee!!" [Rubio]

"What?!" [Lestren]

Clover's overwhelming blood lust from years upon years of battle experience proved to be useful in putting people off guard. Clover lunges forward at lightning speed support by his battle prowess from his previous life. He determined the Lestren is the bigger threat at the moment and moves to quickly dispatch him. Clover swings his mithril dagger towards his knees intent of cutting his leg off.

"Hnng!" [Lestren]

Lestren quickly tried to block the incoming attack but failed to do so and his leg was quickly cut off disabling his movement.

"Agh!!" [Lestren]

"Your screams are annoying." [Clover]

While Lestren was suffering in agonizing pain after his leg was lopped off, Clover swings his mithril dagger downward stabbing the top of his head silencing his thoughts and actions putting him out of his misery. Clover then looks at Rubio who then took the full brunt of Clover's bloodthirsty aura.

"Nooo!" [Rubio]

Rubio takes a step back and falls on his back.

"No! Don't touch me!." [Rubio]

"Sure." [Clover]

Clover invokes fire magic and summons a pillar of fire coming from below onto Rubio. The intensity of the pillar of flame was so hot that it started melting the nearby wall and furniture. Rubio wasn't given the chance to scream in pain and was instantly vaporized. Ash wasn't left after the spell subsided.

Tale of a Reincarnated God Vol. 1 (WN)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें