Chapter 10: Unwanted Visitors

8th Month of the Yumas Calendar

Hazel lets out a worried look towards Clover. The reason Clover suddenly changed expression was that the two cloaked figures moved closer. They are now only 10 feet away from Clover and Hazel. Luckily they were still in the crowd.

Clover needed to make sure that Hazel has no idea that she was being tailed. I don't know how much fear it would cause Hazel if she were to know that she was being tailed by two cloaked figures. Luckily the two didn't know that Clover was aware of them.

Clover and Hazel managed to reach the entrance of the orphanage without the trouble of the pursuers.

"Thank you for helping me bring these to the orphanage Clover, you can rest after we bring these to the kitchen." [Hazel]

"Yeah, of course, no use wasting time here, let's get right to it and finish the job!" [Clover]

With Clover saying that, Hazel and Clover walked over to the back entrance of the kitchen and are greeted by the chefs of the orphanage.

"Thanks for the help Clover, I'll put extra meat into your meal tonight." [Chef Jeffrey]

"Yeah, it was my pleasure to help people who cook the delicious food every day." [Clover]

Chef Jeffrey snickered at Clover's compliment and showed a thumbs up towards Clover. Hazel lets Clover know that he is finished helping her for tonight.

"Clover, you're done now, you can go rest if you want. Thank you for all the help, it was fun today." [Hazel]

After Hazel said that Lucy came running with Sebastian in her arms and quickly talks to Hazel as they enter into the kitchen accompanying the chefs. Clover observes Sebastian in Lucy's arms and is glad that they were able to get along now.

Clover walks to the lobby and noticed that the cloaked figures were waiting in the opposite building facing the orphanage. Clover was in thought, 'Perhaps they are waiting for it to turn night time?'

Clover is slightly anxious tonight because if something does happen, it would be his first battle in this world in his new body. Unlike his previous life, the him now is exponentially weakened, he couldn't perform to his fullest potential due to his childlike body. But, Clover realizes what can be done, he would just need to adapt as he usually does.

It's nothing different from hunting and training in the forest. Clover has the confidence of a killer, in the body of a 12-year-old kid. To Clover's surprise, the cloaked figures still have not moved at all since they've gotten here.

Clover determined that the best time to handle them when it would be less busy, and since this was the residential district, there wouldn't be much bustling nightlife here. Tonight was the time Clover decided would be a great time to handle the pursuers.

Clover walks over to his room while enhancing his senses to maximum to monitor the situation carefully. He determined that he will not let anyone in this orphanage get hurt, especially those who were important to him. This orphanage was the first sign of family Clover had in a really long time, even before reincarnation.

After an hour and a half passed, the cloaked figures still haven't made their move. I hear a familiar voice that I was more scared of.

"Clover! Get the young ones ready." [Alicia]

"Yes auntie! Right away!" [Clover]

The voice of potential death scared Clover more that the cloaked figures at the moment. Right after Clover responded he immediately got the children ready for dinner and headed into the cafeteria.