Chapter 22: The Hunt is On

8th month of the Yumas Calendar

"Man... Clover, I've never realized it but you've certainly done a number on our armor, it's all torn with puncture spots." [Lavris]

"Aha, sorry. At the time I sincerely viewed you two as threats to the orphanage so I had no choice but to deal with you two accordingly." [Clover]

Clover put his hand behind his head and just laughs awkwardly.

After a few minutes of Jason and Lavris putting on their newly improved armor, they stood there in awe as to how flexible and sturdy the material was. Flashing their new short swords on their waist, they certainly did look like a couple of assassins you should concern yourself with.

"How do they feel?" [Clover]

"Extraordinary. I thank you again." [Jason]

"Likewise." [Lavris]

All three of them nod in agreement with each other. After the exchange and changing of equipment Jason and Lavris then went off to continue their contract with the addition of cloaks over them again. They ran into the forest without hesitation with confidence in their new equipment.

Clover continued to explore the forest and continued his hunting to make money. He wanted to try out his new mithril dagger that he had just bought. While hopping through the treetops Clover was naming all the possible animals and monsters he could find.

"Myra is a type of fish species that live in ponds of marshes, Junipers are a type of giant lizard that feed off of weaker animals and eventually turn into monsters, Sooras are a type of monkey that are herbivores but extremely territorial and becomes aggressive if approached without caution." [Clover]

Thought this was just a fraction of the life within this forest, Clover can image what traveling the world would be like. That was his eventual goal. To travel and experience new things that he wasn't able to experience in his previous life. He also had the questions about how he arrived here and who was his birth parents.

Every time Clover tried to ask auntie Alicia and priestess Renner who his birth parents were they would always say that they were great people, they would never give Clover a serious answer.

As to his previous questions and aspirations, they would have to wait until the time comes. As much as he would like to travel, he would need to prepare for them and figure out a good enough reason to tell auntie and priestess Renner to leave the orphanage. Nonetheless, now he was just traveling along the treetops using his spatial movement magic.

"Hmm. I wonder what it would be like to fight one of those supposed Legendary Shadow Wyverns. I heard they were powerful but, I would like to eventually test out my true power on something powerful as a medium." [Clover]

While traveling the forest Clover has noticed the increase in footsteps all around the forest which eventually led to a cave. According to the footsteps, it seems to be a group of thirty people as Clover was able to count 30 different types of foot shapes and footwear. Some are bare feet.

"I know I said I would investigate this later last time... You know what, I'll see what's going on inside this cave for now." [Clover]

Clover dawned the black cloak he was holding in his storage and walked into the cave.

The cave entrance was 15 feet high with a 9-foot opening, it was good enough for a group of people to enter in groups of six or five. Granite rock was forming the entrance and Clover walks in with slight care. He has fought many powerful beings in the past, but there's a fear everyone has, which was the fear of the unknown and he took pride in that fear. He knows fear is a defense mechanism built into humans.