Chapter 26: Jane

8th month of the Yumas Calendar

"Let's do this." [Clover]

Compared to the entrance of the there were many traps in the hallway leading deeper into the cavern. Clover comes across more doors in the walls of the cavern leading in different directions. Clover having his senses already heightened tries to sense any kind of aura or magic through the walls. His sensitivity to it depends on his concentration. Since he is in a rush to find Lucy and Hazel he put his sensitivity to the maximum while maintaining control over it to make sure it doesn't cause any backlash.

"An ambush..." [Clover]

So much for Clover's advantage of a sneak attack. It seems the earlier altercation in the room containing the children was louder than expected. Even though no one came in to help their allies, they still knew about the altercation and prepared an ambush further into the recess of the cavern.

Clover notices that there are 20 people in total. 10 in the room to the left and 9 in the room across from it. They are lying in wait for Clover to pass by. Clover proceeds to talk to himself to scout the enemies.

"The last one is above me." [Clover]

Clover now has acquired the knowledge of everyone in the immediate vicinity. Clover was not in the mood to waste time here since he wanted to save the two girls as fast as he possibly can. He keeps the mithril dagger in its sheath on his sword belt and puts his hands in his pockets.

"No matter, this is no problem to me anyway." [Clover]

Clover whispers and invokes Flame Column and then Flame Explosion. Two large pillars of singeing flame erupt in front of the two doors sealing the exit out of the two doors trapping the individuals inside the rooms.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!...

The constant sound of explosions coming from the interior of the rooms containing the people who were about to ambush Clover.

"Agh! Wha the Fuck!"

The door opens outward and individuals are pouring out the room to avoid the archaic explosions only to run into the pillar of flame interrupting their path. They weren't able to stop their momentum from trying to escape all the explosions inside the rooms and ran straight into the pillar only to be eviscerated into nothingness. With 19 people dead in an instant, completely erased from existence Clover opted his attention to the person above him dropped down to get a sure-fire kill.

"Can you guys give me a break..." [Clover]

Clover sidestepped and avoided the knife the assassin was planning to impale Clover with and proceeded to knee him in the abdomen causing him to lose his breath. Clover seemed to have kneed him too hard which caused him to go unconscious.

"A girl huh?" [Clover]

Clover put the woman down and canceled his magic in the rooms and pillars of flame. In the side of the assassin was a pouch with a bunch of tapestry and papers.

"It seems she was an assassin which specialized in reconnaissance. A cartographer at that as well." [Clover]

Clover took the maps that the assassin. The largest map contained in her pouch showed a vast array of cities, towns, villages, countries, and roadways in significant detail.

"This will come in handy later." [Clover]

Clover opened his dimensional storage and put the map of the continent inside it. Clover then looked at a smaller map that the woman had. The title of the map was Raven's Drop. The map conveyed intricate and irregular passageways leading to all kinds of different rooms with different names.