Chapter 24: The day it changed

8th month of the Yumas Calendar

Back in the forest next to Belcroft City on the Day of Aurelius Clover continues to explore that cave that he has found. Clover stumbled upon a door, and with his fire magic at the ready open it. Clover looks inside only to find an empty room. The strong scent of iron and rot instantly encapsulates Clover's nose. Clover covers his nose.

"Agh, that smell." [Clover]

Upon further inspection when entering the room, chains can be observed riddles across the wall with dried blood staining the walls and the floor.

"What is this room?" [Clover]

Clover invokes the basic light orb magic to create autonomous floating orbs of light that cascaded the edges of the room thus illuminating the room. Clover turns off his night vision and inspects the room in further detail. Accompanied by the chains on the walls, smaller tables, and smaller chairs are with them. The tables containing smaller grotesque instruments of interrogation. Clover then gets an idea of what happens here.

"A torture chamber... and worse yet, a recently used one." [Clover]

After a more detailed observation, Clover saw fresh blood on the instruments used for interrogating. After observing the rest of the room, Clover walks over to the door at the opposite end of the room. A clicking noise sounded as he tried to pull the door open.

"Locked huh? Maybe I can just bust it open." [Clover]

Clover thought about it some more but it would be dangerous to open it forcefully as there might have been a trap laid. Currently, Clover didn't have the protection necessary to take on any unknown incidents. For all he knows, it could be rigged to have the entire cave explode.

Clover decided it would be a better idea to retreat instead and to report this to the local adventurers guild.

"Incidents like this are better off being dealt by the adventurers guild rather than my lonesome. Besides, I still have business to settle with the person targeting Hazel." [Clover]

Other reasons he determined it would be better left with the guild is that he didn't have the proper equipment if this place turned out to be larger than expected of being able to be prepared for a worst case scenario even if Clover is well adapted to bad situations is still a must. Thus Clover shall report this to the guild.

After affirming his decision Clover exited the room back into the cavern, he made sure to dissipate the light orbs that he used to illuminate the room and invoked night vision again for sight. Clover did spend about an hour exploring the walls of the cavern just in case for surprise passageways.

Clover wasn't able to find any alternate passageways but did notice that the cavern walls were riddled with the mineral Luminite which was a glassy blue rock that glows when exposed to sunlight.

"I remember reading this in my textbook." [Clover]

After discovering that this cave was covered in Luminite Clover then confirmed that this place should be safe for adventurers to pass through. Back when Clover was in his other world, he wouldn't think of securing a place of safety for other people unless it was ordered of him. Now he was doing it for the sake of other people's well being.

Exiting the cavern, Clover looks up at the sky and realizes a good amount of time has passed from when he entered the cavern from when he exited.

"I didn't get a report from Lavris or Jason, so I guess everything must be fine back at the city." [Clover]

The only thing Clover was just unsure about was the number of fresh footsteps on the ground entering the cavern. Too many people have walked in or walked out of the cavern. Apart from all of his curiosity, Clover still will report it to the guild to have them send an investigative team to this location.