27

Chapter 27.
---------------

-Yongsun's pov-

"What's wrong, Byul?" I ask the second time already before we could even settle down and eat our dinner I prepared for the both of us. She looks down on the food debating on herself if she should speak up or stay quiet giving me the silent treatment which she knows wouldn't bring us to anything is she continues to give me that act.

"Yong, it's non of your business.." She rudely tells me not even hesitating any word to that. A small pain hits my chest causing me to feel like tearing up but I got no reason to do that as what she said is true. It's non of my business and I shouldn't butt into it. But, the way she looks made me feel like she needs someone to talk to. And keeping something inside you wouldn't make such a difference cause all it brings is pain and that regret of a feeling everyone has.

I continued to look at her still feeling offended about what she said. The uneasy feeling I have in me forces me to let her tell me. I wanted to know. I am desperate to know what's wrong with her. But she wouldn't trust me.

"Yes I get it, it isn't any of my business.. but I just want to at least comfort you. I want to keep you company and not keep you dying inside with that problem of yours. You might not know that I know what to say and what to do with that problem you have, please trust me.. at least for once?" I gave an unsure statement not really sure of what I just said. She shrugged, not buying any word I just told her.

"I can't just tell you something that you know I'm sensitive with." She finally said something which I took time to process. Now she's telling me that she's sensitive about this problem? Doesn't everyone go sensitive with every problem they have?? Some people may not, but they get sensitive about their problems. Honestly, she's not making any sense right now or either I am too.

"I don't get you.."

"What do you mean?" She asks looking at me as if I'm the one who's stupid right now.

"I seriously don't get you and myself right now." I admitted which caused her to laugh at me.

"HAHAHA, why am I laughing when it's not even the time to have that kind of mood." She question herself making herself look like an idiot.

"I don't know." I laughed with her not knowing what's happening between us. She suddenly calms down having me the only one laughing. I forced myself to stop and I patiently wait for her to say something.

"I'm still not telling you." She tells me in a serious tone, playing hard at me. I frown at her hating how she's not telling me anything.

"Why not??" I asked looking like a child who wants candy. She give a small smirk not even budging to say anything about it.

"Nope." She plainly said and started eating her food. My fists suddenly crunshes up and my teeth grinded together feeling no chance that she wouldn't tell me.

"Okay fine." I mumble taking a bite at the food that I cooked, not anymore feeling like I'm even hungry anymore which I just forced them into my mouth.

Still chewing on the food angrily, I could see her naughty smirks every moment I take a look at her which adds up on my anger. I don't how she manages to give those smirks when the atmosphere is isn't good. I stood up from my chair after eating not even bothering to wait for her till she finish eating. I placed my plate on the sink and started washing my dirty plate with force still feeling angry.

After which felt barely like a second, I felt hands around my waist making me startled. I turn from my behind still holding the plate for defence, scared of whoever was behind me.

It was just Moonbyul. Giving me a smile that I rarely see from her. Its genuine and playful. Not sure if I saw it right, but she looks happy? All of a sudden.. she looks happy. How does her mood changed her quickly?

"Moonbyul?" I asked having my eyes travel her face, her eyes.. then her soft red lips that formed that smile. I felt myself blushed by that  look that she's giving me.

"Yeah?" She lick her lips having me taken back from that. I seriously don't get anything about this weirdo.

"Can you.." she interrupted me by pulling me close enough for our nose to be touching.

"Move?" She finished my sentence which made me wait for her to do so. But she didn't. She stood still bringing her face closer. I brought mine further hating how close she is. "I don't think so."

"Why are you-"

"Going nearer?" She asked, again, finishing my sentence.

"Yeah." Was what I could say despising the awkwardness building up and the distance we have.

"Oh." She said, pulling herself to put some distance between us. "You're uncomfortable, I see." She looked down placing her hands at her back as if she's disappointed about something. I gave her the look that I'm confused and turned around not wanting anymore of this nonsense.

"Yeah, leave you're plate here. I'll wash it." I said trying to change the subject or try forgetting about what she just did.

"Alright." She said no other words left her mouth. I sighed after feeling her presence gone out of the kitchen.

'Why is she so weird?' I questioned to myself while shaking my head hating the way she's acting. She's such a confusion to me. I sighed one more time and continue washing the dishes.

After which felt like a minute, she came in the kitchen again bringing her used plate for me to wash it. I grab it out of her hand and started scrubbing the sponge on it wanting it to be clean.

"Still want to know?" She asked leaning into the counter beside me while looking down to the floor and her hands in her pockets. I bit my lip desperate for me to know what's wrong with her.

"Yeah."

"Well I just found out, today.." She said hesitating but continued to what she's about to say. "That I was given to someone else."

"What do you mean?" I asked and faced her after washing her plate. I brought my arms crossing on my chest and wait for her to continue.

"My real mom.. gave me to someone else, which who are my parents now."

"Do you know why?"

"No. Dad didn't tell me why.." she sounded sad at that part. I brought my hand to her back and pat her awkwardly with a smile brought up to my face telling her it will all be alright.

"Don't worry, you'll get over this." I told her and brought her into a tight hug. "I know it's hard to believe the truth but it's the truth. Nothing can change the truth, trust me." I assured and pull away from the hug. I smiled once again and she did too.

"Yeah, I know." She said while rolling her eyes at me. I laughed at that and she did too.

"Should we go take some rest?" I asked ending the day for now.

"Yup. I'm tired." She yawned and started walking upstairs to head into our rooms.

"Be sure to sleep alright. If you can't, you know I'm here." I winked at her and she giggled making me smile.

"Yeah Yeah." She waved me off and I went to my room exhausted about this day.