34

Moonbyul's POV

We have left the safe house as early as expected and we are on our way to my dad's headquarters which might take 3-4 hours on the trip.

I focused on the road seemingly hard to see because of how dark it is. I'm scared that I might be feeling drowsy on the way and might not be able to focus so well. I mean, it literally is one in the morning and I can't expect myself to stay up all morning until five. I guess, Yong and I just have to switch or I have to endure it until we reach the headquarters.

I turn the radio on hating the silence that's starting to fill the car. Yongsun is too far asleep since a while ago and so I am left awake trying to keep myself up. A slow and smooth jam of some jazz music starts playing in the radio which is satisfying and soothing to the ears. I leave that station on and enjoy the music as I continue to drive without trying to fall asleep.

"Who listens to that kind of music nowadays?" I slightly got startled from Yongsun's groaning because of what is hearing right now. I chuckled softly while shaking my head at the way she dislikes this kind of music.

"Love it a little," I mumble under my breath. I take a glance on her and saw her fully awake. Huh, I didn't know that a 30 minute nap is enough for her.

"You're such a boomer." She joked as I have an expression of confusion on my face.

"What the heck is a boomer?" I repeated the same question that's on my head as she laughs, I guess she couldn't believe that I don't know what it means.

"It means you're old to whatever new is happening in the world right now. The music that's raising right now is hip hop, I guess."

"Oh, who likes hip hop?" I emphasized 'hip hop' as I grimaced my face at the sound of it.

"You're so bad," She started to sound playfully immature as I laugh at that. "Hip hop is my jam. You should try listening to those american rappers or even Hwasa,"

"Oh yeah, Hwasa can drive everyone crazy," I agreed loving the voice of one of the members of  the gril group I was joined in. I don't really know if it's still going on or what.

"I can't believe you still remember her . . ." She paused trying to process stuff in her brain. "I mean, I know we have lost you for like about a year and some months . . . but I didn't think you still thought about us–like Hwasa, Wheein, and I,"

I shake my head in disbelief, not believing that she thought of it in that kind if way. "Hey, it doesn't mean that I went M.I.A for a couple of month or even a year meant that I'd forget about you guys. Of course I thought about ya'll for like almost everyday–thinking if you guys are okay or if you guys still think about me too. It breaks my heart to only think about you guys, but can never approach you all. I tried my best to show myself up, but I couldn't because I feared that I might do something wrong-" Yongsun stops me from talking. I guess, its her specialty to do this when she has the chance to.

"Why though? What wrong must have happen if ever you show up in front of us?" Her curiosity started to grow all over her as I nodded my head ready to answer her.

"Uhm, I feared that you guys might hate me for never contacting you or showing you that I am alive and not . . . dead," I looked at her as she nodded trying to understand the reason that is escaping my mouth.

"I mean, I get you. I am not mad at you for keeping the fact that you're alive and never told us, but we were worried sick about you. We missed and and we hoped you really aren't you know," She stops herself from crying and even though I can't see her I can feel her wanting to cry.

"I'm here now, Yongsun. I'm sure they now know I'm okay-"

"What happened to you? Why did you kept yourself quiet and in the shadow just watching us?" She asked making me sound so creepy. I chuckle inside of my head hating to break the seriousness we have in this situation.