35

Kim Yongsun's POV

As I enter the oddly looking abondoned house, I felt weird chills running through my spine, which is starting to make me feel unsafe at this point. I walk further inside following Moonbyul whose leading the way for me towards the dark.

"Don't worry, we're almost there," She reassures me and offers her hand to me. "Be careful," She looks back at me with a small smile as I offer my hand to her. This made me feel less scared than I was earlier.

"Thank you," I whispered feeling a little shy about it. I heard her chuckle softly which made me smile too.

A few minutes later, we finally reached to some room or place which I think might be the "basement". The red metal door is in front of us which made me feel weird chills again around my body. So many random thoughts started popping out of my head and that made it harder for me to think properly.

Moonbyul lets go of my hand and dials something on some device that I could not recognize. I stand still as I watch her and just patiently waiting for something to happen.

"Okay so we are here," Moonbyul tells me, putting the weird looking device in her pocket.

"This is your father's safe house right?" I asked wanting to be sure about it. I felt her nod so I nod back feeling kind of nervous about going inside.

"Uhm before we enter, I just want to say that I love you, and in under different circumstances as we enter this room, please don't hate me if I didn't tell you any sooner. I didn't know how I can tell you the "whole" truth . . . I- please don't hate me-" Moonbyul starts saying weird things which made me so confused. She gives me one last hug before I can say something and then I hear a loud buzz on the top of the red door.

We went inside the room and bright white lights blinded me for a second making me feel a little lightheaded. I managed to clear my vision again as Moonbyul assists me towards the stairs and as we reached the ground floor, I was amazed about her father's safe house.

Everything looked unreal as if it was in a movie. There are so many soldiers wearing those camouflage uniforms they use in the war and everyone and everything looked so organized and professional. The floor, the walls, and the ceiling look so white like they were being cleaned every second. It looks so big and wide. I'm so amazed and in shock right now.

"Hi there," An old man greets us as I smiled awkwardly.

"Uh, hi. I assume you're Moonbyul's dad? Uh, nice to meet you sir." I offer him a handshake as he handshaked me back.

"Ah, yes. Haha, I'm Moonbyul's dad and it's nice to meet you too." He pulls up a genuine smile which was very comforting as I smiled back. He gives me a weird vibe, not a bad one though, like he looks very familiar and he makes me feel so comforted and safe. It's so weird; a good kinda weird.

"So Yongsun ... want to see your mom?" Moonbyul asks me with a small smile. Why does she looked bother all of a sudden? Did something happen?

"Yes Byul! But what's wrong? Why is your face like that?" I asked worriedly. She rubs her hand on my back and shakes her head.

"No Yong. Everything's okay." She laughs it off but makes it a little obvious that something's bothering her. "Seriously though, nothing's wrong. I think it's just my head. I feel a little dizzy." She tries convincing me that nothing's wrong and I still don't believe her. I know something's up, but I don't want to sound annoying so I'm just going to let it go for now.

"Okay, Byul ... If you say so, but please tell me if something's wrong okay? I'll always be here for you." I said and gave her a hug. She hugs me back and pulls away fast. I don't know why she acted that way. It was weird and that sortof hurted my feelings.

"Uh okay, let's go meet your mom. Come follow me." She awkwardly and quickly walks away. She's acting so weird I seriously don't like it.

I followed Moonbyul into a room and saw my mom sitting down on a chair sipping on her mug. "MOM!" I called out to her with amazement and joy. "MOM IT HAD BEEN SO LONG! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" I screamed with tears of joy and relief that she's right in front of me again. It had been so many years, I seriously cant believe she's here with me again. I feel so happy and thankful to the ones who had found my mom.

"Yongsun, I miss you so so much!" My mom cries with me as she hugs me so tight. "I've been trying my best to come back to you but I don't know where you were at. I missed you so much." We both continued to cry until we were able to calm down and talk properly about everything.

"You changed so much, Mom." I told her, not being able to recognize her the first time I saw her.

My mom nodded and said, "So do you, you looked like an adult now." My mom tried to joke around which made me laugh a little. "I sometimes thought to myself I could never see you again and now you're right in front of me ... I feel really happy that you are with me again." She tells me as she caresses my cheek with her hand.

"I feel the same Mom. I missed you so much." I hug my mom, breaking down into tears again. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what to say and I just really couldn't believe you're with me again."

"It's okay, Yongsun." My mom assures me which made me calm down.

"Who were those guys anyway?" I asked while stuttering because of crying.

"The ones who took me?" My mom asked as I nodded my head."Oh, they were your stepdad's men."

"What do you mean stepdad?? I have a stepdad?"

"Yes sweetheart. You have a stepdad." 

"But why did he kidnapped you or something?" I asked so confused.

"Because he wanted something I have and sorry sweetie I couldn't really tell you what it is." My mom told me as I nod understanding her.

"It's okay mom, but ... who's my stepdad?" I asked.

"He's nobody, Yongsun. He's just so crazy and he hurt me. I don't want to even remember who he is. He ain't shit." My mom angrily said as I stay quiet.

"So who's my real dad then? I know I only have one dad, but now that I know I have two ... this is just wow." I said in disbelief.

"Yongsun ... your real dad is uhm —"

....
hueueueue tune in for the next chapter...
ty for reading ilyall <3