30

Yongsun's POV

I now realize how sleeping all by yourself is now a bothersome and the worse thing I have to do every single night. I can't stand staying all alone in this middle sized bedroom that became a small little jail for me. It felt like two and a half years staying in this huge but tight safe house, and I wonder when is this all hiding and seeking going to end.

What I do here is pretty much like what criminals do at their jails, but less torture and can freely roam around the whole house. I can do whatever I want in this house, but I can't go out nor use my phone or any mobile devices. I did call my mom once but Moonbyul did some fixing on that phone, and I can't use it anymore after that. So it's just boring and quiet in this house. 

I can go to the backyard to walk jjing jjing with me, but there is also a limit to that. There are white fences and different wires all around this area that shows that's the limit and I can only get through there. If I went over that, Moonbyul will be very mad and I don't want that. There was this time I asked her if we could go out for a small walk to the beach, and she got so mad she stopped talking to me for a week. She is short-tempered and I hate that about her. 

Moonbyul and I haven't bond or talk that much even though we live in the same house. She would either stay in her office and never comes out for a whole week or calls me when she needs me to do some things around the house -- mostly just chores. I do a lot of household chores around here and she's busy doing something in that office. I want to know what she's doing inside her office. What if she's planning on something and she ain't telling me what it is?? I sooner want to find out what she's busy on. 

"Yong?" I suddenly heard Moonbyul's voice shouting out for my name from downstairs. It startled me as I got out of my bed and went downstairs to know what she wants. 

"What?" I ask with some attitude and with a voice of annoyance. I stood up with my hip out and with my crossed my arms, I gave her a blank facial expression waiting patiently for her to say something. 

"Can you cook us dinner?" She says in a tired voice looking like she's about to pass out any second from now. This concerns me because every time she will tell me to do something or when she will talk to me, she will always look like she hasn't taken any sleep or has not eaten right. It worries me making me do everything she tells me to do to at least help her. 

"Yes of course," I answered noticing how my annoyance turned to concern and worry real quick. She gives a nod and walks back slowly to her office. Before she could enter, I immediately run to her bringing her to a tight hug behind her back. She gave a small gasp having me surprised as well. I never did this to her ever in my life. I must have drunk some alcohol or something, but I didn't, I did this when I'm sobered up. Now I'm curious to know what her reaction would be. 

"Yong . . ." She whispers hearing exhaustion and a slightly surprised tone in her voice, but I can hear her telling me to let go. I didn't follow what my head is saying as I stay still hugging her tight. 

"Byul, take some rest, will you?" I murmured back hearing no response from her. "You know that you'll get sick if you continue to stay up all night." 

"I know that Yong. Just cook some dinner. I'm starving." She takes my arms off of her and enters her office closing the door at me. Now she sounds cold and immediately shuts me down as if I don't mean what I just said. She is driving me crazy with so many emotions, and I hate that. 

I shrugged whatever happened and have to start cooking as she might start making a tantrum again. She starts to get all mad when she doesn't get what she needs or wants. It's like she's the queen who needed everything and would punish you immediately if you won't obey. I feel like a peasant in this house and I have to do everything just to give her what she needed. But I can't protest about the way she treats me, she looks really tired as hell and needs help. 

It felt like a whole 20 minutes of cooking chicken soup and to prepare other side dishes until dinner is finally done. I am getting quite tired of chicken soup and the canned goods stored in every cabinet. All we have to eat are those and my taste buds are hating on it. I don't know how or where Moonbyul gets our food without going outside. She must have a friend that can transport food here without getting caught by those bad guys. 

"Yong? Is dinner done yet?" I heard Moonbyul behind me as it startled me again, always being called randomly. I nod my head and accompanied her to the dining area where I prepared the food on the table for us to eat already. 

She sits in front of me as I sit right opposite her. I take my spoon and feed myself with the prepared bowl of soup I did for the both of us. Moonbyul also starts feeding herself as I take glances at her to at least know that she's eating well, and it feels like this is my chance to speak with her and know what's up. 

"Hey." My voice starts small showing how scared I am to talk to her. She looks at me with that glare and then swallows the food that in her mouth before responding to me. 

"Yes?" She waits for me to say something before taking another bite of a side dish that's in front of us. I nervously bite my lip, not knowing what to say and talk about. I should know if she's well or not right? Oh well, I better say something.

"How are you?" Slips out of my mouth as panic starts attacking me. I am not sure if she would answer properly, she would either answer me sarcastically or with honesty. 

"I'm well as you can see." She sounds cold again making me think that I should stop talking or go on and know more about her. 

"I . . . I just want to know what are you up to these late nights and for the past month in that office of yours." I had to get right to the point knowing she'd start walking away and make a mess like the last time. 

"None of your business." She stands up having enough of the conversation and tells me that I should drop the topic right now. 

I stood up from my chair and yelled, "You should at least tell me something!", which is something I never had done in my entire life -- to sound very mad at something that isn't my business. The yelling made me pant a little feeling out of breath for a second. She looks back at me with nothing in her eyes. 

"There is nothing I should or can tell you." She walks away again and before she can enter I ran to her again and hugged her tighter as ever as I did the last time. 

"Please." I pleaded with the sound of desperation and sadness. She can't just ignore and not let me know what she has been doing in that office for the past two years. It's worrying me and I can't help to lose her if she's willing to do something stupid. 

"No. I can't tell you . . . Just not now, okay." She forces her way out of the hug and enters her office as quick as she could to not let me in, and then I heard the lock of the door which felt offending that she can't trust me anymore. I wouldn't enter her office . . . I just really want to know why and what is she up to.