Into The School of The Dead

They were all silent as they crept thought the bloody hallways. Some of the infected students were eating what was left of the dead. The stench was horrifying. The sound of the teeth cracking the bone was just terrible. The crunch that each bite the infected took sent the chills down the small group's spine as they made their way to the teachers' lodge. Soon, they reached the teachers lodge.

Endou and Fubuki held the door open while the others got in quickly. After everyone was in, they closed the door and barricaded it with anything they could find like a cupboard filled with heavy books, stack of chairs and a table.

"We're safe. For now," Fubuki muttered.

"Are you sure to was a good idea to actually leave the rest of them there?" Endou asked Fubuki who is drinking a bottle of water which he got from the fridge in the teachers' lodge.

"It was their choice. It was not like we didn't let them join," Fubuki said.

'We need weapons. I am the only one who has a weapon now. Should I just give the broomstick to someone else first then find a new weapon in the science lab? I think I should,' Fubuki thought and walked towards Haruna.

"Here. Take this," Fubuki said and gave her the broomstick.

"Thanks. But what about you?" Haruna asked. "Don't worry. I think we should be able to find a decent weapon in the science lab.

"So we are going to the science lab after this?" Endou asked.

"Yeah. I figured we could get some weapons there. The chance for us to getting out of this school with only a broomstick as our weapon is very low. We need more weapons. The more the better," Fubuki said.

"But not too many until we could not even carry," Gouenji said. Everyone nodded. Endou turned on the television. It was the news channel.

"-whole world in a chaotic state. Dead bodies are reviving and eating people. Scientists say that this is could be a biological weapon used by the Russians," The news reporter said. Everyone's eyes widened in shock.

"Biological weapons? You mean they are starting war?!" Endou exclaimed.

"This is said to be pandemic. The situation outside is very chaotic so do not go outside unless it is absolutely necessary. We will bring you more news later," The news reporter said with a frown and the line went dead.

"What are we to do...." Hiroto muttered, despair filling his eyes.

"Should we give up?" Haruna asked. Fubuki knew he had to pull everyone together or they'll be giving into despair. If they do, it's all over. None of them will have the will to live anymore. Maybe distract them?? He's not really good at encouraging. That's Endou's specialty, not his.

"We shouldn't give up yet when we haven't even tried," Fubuki stated.

"Fubuki no yuutori (Just like what Fubuki said)! Akiramete wa dame (We can't just give up)!" Endou exclaimed. "We have to go on and on until the end! Giving up without doing anything won't solve our problems!"

Hearing this, everyone smiled and nodded. Fubuki smiled too. 'That Endou sure knows how to lighten up the mood and give everyone hope. That's good... Now we can move on...!' Fubuki thought.

"Alright. Is everyone ready? We are going to the science lab now," Fubuki said. Everyone else nodded.

"Remember. They hunt by sound. As long as we stay quiet, I don't think they will know we are there," Fubuki said giving a gentle reminder and started taking down the barricade.

Endou secretly took the key for the school bus which was used for scool competitions. Once the barricade is down, they counted to three and quietly snuck out of the teachers' lounge.