Fire

Before the story, I want to say thank you to all those who read my story and manage to make it all the way here :) also special thanks to AnimeDragon for the drawing :)

***************************************************************************************************************

Gouenji, Fubuki and Kidou rushed towards the building. The 3rd floor, the floor that Yuuka and the others are currently in was engulfed in flames!! Gouenji, being the responsible, loving elder brother he is, was worried about his sister. He was also worried about his friends. Fubuki was worried about his teammates and also worried of Yuuka, the youngest. Kidou was worried of all of them especially Haruna, his younger sister. They rushed into the lobby, smashing every infected that was in the way.

"Let's not use the elevator. It's horse sense that we do not use the elevator when there is a fire," Kidou said. He said it calmly but there was a panic look on his face.

Without a word, they rushed to the stairs and began dashing up the stairs. The moment they opened the door, they could feel the heat of the fire. The whole 3rd floor was engulfed in flames. The corridor was also flaming. It made the whole place glow in red and orange. Whats worse- Haruna and the others were no where in sight. Gouenji's face showed a very panicked expression. His sister was already sick with a fever. Now? Leave it to the fire for her to get better! Of course Yuuka's condition is going to get even worse!

"Quick! The corridor is filled its flaming infecteds! If we're going to get them out if here, might as well do it fast!" Fubuki exclaimed.

"Right!" Kidou and Gouenji agreed and all three of them ran down the corridor despite the fire and the flaming infecteds.

Fubuki couldn't use his wooden katana on the infecteds as they were on fire. If he used his wooden katana, well... Let's just say he'll lose a very handy weapon. Kidou is also at a disadvantage as his axe was made out of metal. Metal is a great conductor of heat. If he uses the axe on the flaming infecteds, the heat might pass through the axe and burn his hand and he might drop the axe. Worst case scenario? He'll drop the axe on himself or his friends. That means Kidou can only hit the infected out of the way. He can't let his axe be stuck in the infected or he'll get burned. Gouenji was also the same as his stick is also made up of metal. The only thing they could do is run as fast as they can to the apartment unit while hitting and avoiding any infected that was in the way. The couldn't officially kill the infected. But the flames also did helped Fubuki, Kidou and Gouenji as the infected will drop dead by themselves due to the flames. At least that's good.

Fubuki, Goueji and Kidou stopped in front of the apartment unit which Haruna and the others are occupying. Just as soon as they arrived, Gouenji hit the door and metal bar door and quickly pulled his stick away from the fire. The wooden door and the metal bar door which was used to keep robbers out fell to the ground. It seems like the fire weakened the hinges and all they needed to do was give it a firm hit and the whole thing will collapse.

"Hurry! Inside!" Fubuki exclaimed and they rushed inside, careful not to touch the fire. They saw Haruna and Fuyuka coughing from the smoke. They were on the ground. Meanwhile, Hiroto, while carrying an unconscious Yuuka crawled into the living room.

"Koff!!! Where are Endou and Kazemaru?!" Fubuki asked.

"Here! Koff!" Endou exclaimed crawling our while coughing. Kazemaru was behind him. They must've been getting their supplies. Normally in a fire, people will forget about their things and run for their lives. Instead, Endiu and Kazemaru went in to get their supplies.

"Come on! We have to move quick! Time to get out of here!" Fubuki exclaimed. Fubuki took Yuuka from Hiroto. He carried her on his back, giving Hiroto a chance to get up. All of those who were on the ground for up. They took their own supplies. Well.... Except for Fubuki as he was carrying Yuuka on his back. Just then, the ceiling dropped. Haruna was right underneath that particular part if the ceiling. If Kidou didn't push her away in the nick of time, she'll be dead, trapped and burning under the fallen debris.