Sometimes Bravery Needs To Bow Down To Wisdom

First of all, I apologize for the late update. Some times I just don't know what to write or don't have that feeling that makes me want to write. Secondly, I finally found a way to comment things! Yay! Cuz there was a problem before :)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

THE NEXT MORNING

"Ohayo (Good morning)!!!!!!!!" Endou shouted. It was so loud that it woke everyone who was sleeping. Gouenji threw a pillow to Endou's face and turned to the other side to continue sleeping. On the other hand, Wndou wasn't very happy about this. He threw it back to Gouenji. Gouenji threw it back. Before they knew it, they were already pillow fighting. One landed on Kidou's face by accident. Both of them froze in their places and watched as Kidou slowly rose from his mattress.

"Omaetachi (You guys)....." Kidou said darkly. The three started having a severe pillow fight. The noise made by Endou and the others have reached the guest room.

"Urgh... Why do they have so much energy in the morning..." Kazemaru said covering his ears with his pillow.

"That's how they are," Hiroto said chuckling.

"I guess this can be one of the reasons I like being around you. You're quiet," Fubuki said. "No offence,"

"Same goes for me," Hiroto said and they did a high five. Kazemaru laughed. Just then, the door slammed revealing a worried-looking Haruna.

"Yuuka-chan is having a high fever!" Haruna exclaimed.

"Nani (What)?!" Hiroto exclaimed. All of then got up immediately. All of them rushed into the girls' room while Haruna went to the other room where Endou and the others were. Soon, Endou and he others too rushed into the girls' room.

"Naniikawata (What happened)?!" Gouenji asked. He rushed to the side of the bed with a worried look.

"She's burning up!" Fuyuka exclaimed.

"I'll go get a wet cloth," Gouenji said and rushed out of the bedroom to get a wet cloth. He was very worried of his little sister. Not long later, he came back with a wet cloth and a small tray filled with water. Fuyuka took care of Yuuka while the others got ready for the day. Then, they took turns. But the problem was, Yuuka's fever wasn't going down at all.

"Looks like there's no choice. I think we should get some medicine from the convenience store. The medicine we got has expired," Fubuki said.

"Alright. But we should limit our number of people going. I think we should limit our number to only three people. The others will stay here," Kidou said. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

"So... Who'll go?" Haruna asked.

"I'll go. As the leader, I have to go to make sure my members are alright," Fubuki said.

"I know you are the leader and that you are a very responsible person, but still, you've barely recovered from your wound. Shouldn't you be resting more?" Kazemaru asked with a concerned look.

"Thanks for your concern but I'm fine. It... Doesn't hurt at all," Fubuki was giving a reassuring smile. A lie. It was still hurting. A LOT. But the thing was that is wasn't hurting as bad as or was before. But he was confident that he could hid his pain behind that calm façade of his.

"... Alright. If you insist," Fuyuka said. The there shot each other worried glances.

"I'll go too. It is my responsibility as Yuuka's elder brother," Gouenji said.

"I should also accompany you guys. Plus, I should assist the leader as the assistant," Kidou said.

"I'm so glad to have such a good assistant!" Fubuki exclaimed. "Say... Would you like to increase in rank? I'll let you be the leader!"

"No," Kidou said sweatdropping. Everyone else did the same. Fubuki was playfully trying to push the responsibility away again.

"Alright. Our main objective is to get the fever medicine. But if you can, grab some useful items with you. Those who are going, get ready your weapons. We're about to move out," Fubuki said seriously before going to get ready. Everyone was once again shocked by the mood change. After a while, Gouenji, Kidou and Fubuki have all finished getting ready their weapons. Gouenji got his his stick while Kidou got his axe. Fubuki got his wooden katana.

"Alright. Let's go," Fubuki said putting the gun in his pocket. Just in case. Gouenji and Kidou nodded and the three made it outside quietly. Haruna locked the door after wishing them good luck. Gouenji led the way as he is more familiar with the area. They kept as quiet as they could, trying their best not to get into any fights. They even avoided talking to one another as the infected were all around them. They took the stairs down and walked through the streets. Soon, they found themselves in front of a convenience store. Gouenji pointed to the store. Kidou and Fubuki nodded and they headed inside, weapons raised just in case an infected suddenly pops out of nowhere. They see some of the infected roaming around. But they did not try to take it down as it might cause a ruckus. Just then, Gouenji saw the medicine section.

'There must be some here...' Gouenji thought. But there was a problem... There was two of the infected roaming around that section. If he tried to take one of them down, the other might attack him... Just then, he realised that he could just take the medicines through the other side of shelf.

'That way, I wouldn't need to fight the infected off and still be able to take what I need. Hmph,' Gouenji thought with a smirk and took the medicines from the others side of the shelf. He then went to the other shelves to search for useful items. When he passed by Fubuki or Kidou, he would show them the medicine to tell them he has finished their main objective.

KIDOU'S POV

Gouenji passed by me and showed me that he has already took the medicines. Now I should get some useful items. Just then, I saw a fever cool pack. It was this kind of pack with gel inside it. It can help cool down Yuuka's fever... I should get some. I took a pack and went to see the other shelves.

FUBUKI'S POV

Gouenji showed me the medicines. I held a thumbs up. After that, I continued my search for useful items. Just then, I saw a box of thermometers. It could be useful. That way, we'll know approximately how high Yuuka's fever is. I took some and went to look at the other shelves.

NORMAL POV

After a while, Gouenji, Kidou and Fubuki met outside the convenience store. They showed each other what they got. Fubuki held a thumbs up. They then started returning to the apartment. But this time, they took a different route. Kidou took the lead with Gouenji and Fubuki tailing after him. The infected were also roaming around in the alley so they had to be really careful. Other than that, the stench that was radiation from the rotting corpses was horrifying. Especially when the infected came really close. Just then, they reached the end of the alley. The second Kidou stepped out of the alley, he was pushed down by an infected. Kidou pushed the infected back but it was too strong. It was about to bit his arm when...

THUNK!!

And the infected fell limp onto Kidou. Kidou was panting hard. He looked up to see Fubuki holding a wooden katana just above him. Being the smart boy he is, he guessed Fubuki hit the infected on the head. Kidou scrambled away from the infected and was pulled up by Gouenji.

"Arigatou, futaridomo (Thanks, both of you)," Kidou said starting to breathe normally.

"Doitashimashita (You're welcome)," Fubuki and Gouenji replied at the same time. They then started walking back in silence again. Soon, they reached the entrance gate of the apartment. Something shocked them.

"The- The apartment...!" Fubuki exclaimed. The three of them stared in horror.

"Yuuka! Minna (Everyone)!" Gouenji exclaimed and ran forward with Fubuki and Kidou behind him.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

So that's the end of the chapter! Also another cliffy! XD Do tell me what you think of the story so far! 😊