Heat Stroke

Endou and the others told Fubuki that Aunt Mika was joining their group. Fubuki agreed. He welcomed Aunt Mika with open arms. They also told Fubuki what happened after he was out.

"Glad on having you be the leader!" Fubuki exclaimed playfully slinging an arm around Kidou's neck.

"Assisstant! I was only the leader when you were out," Kidou said sweatdropping.

"Eh?? And I thought I would finally be able to get away from the leader responsibilities..." Fubuki said with a pout. "I know! Aunt Mika should be the leader as she is the eldest!"

"But a leader needs to be able to protect his or her members. I am not capable of doing that as I am very old," Aunt Mika said.

"Ehh...."

"There's something I want to say. What about the possibilities of an infected opening a door?" Kidou asked.

"Hmm... About that... I don't know. Do you guys know anything about it?" Fubuki asked. Endou and the others shot him a 'if-we-knew-we-wouldn't-be-asking-you' look. Fubuki then gave them a 'alright-I-get-it-now' look. Aunt Mika was currently witnessing telepathy between them.

"But it would be dangerous if there is an infected who has intelligence. If it does, it would be like the world is being hunted by a whole bunch of cannibals. Dead ones," Fubuki said sternly. Everyone was slightly shocked at how his mood changed. One second he was playfully trying to put the leader responsibilities on someone else while the on the other he became so serious.

"So what do you think we should do regarding this matter?" Kidou asked.

"I'd say we just keep our guard up. If we ever find another one, we should bring it to a place where we can observe it without putting ourselves in danger," Fubuki said.

"Like where?"

"I don't know... We'll figure it out when the time comes,"

Everyone sweatdropped.

"So where are we heading to now? Can we go to my house next? I'm very worried of Yuuka," Gouenji said changing the topic. He finally said what he had been keeping in his heart. He has been wanting to say this up for a long time now.

"Sure. I'd say we move out right now," Fubuki said and all of them stood up. They took all of their backpacks and weapons and went downstairs. They stood before the door.

"Remember not to make any noise. We'll have move fast. But we'll try to get a transport on the way. Are you guys all ready?" Fubuki asked looking at all of them. They nodded in reply. Fubuki then swung the door open. All of them then headed out. They quietly unlocked the gate and went out.

"This way!" Fubuki whisper-screamed. All of them then followed where Fubuki went. Soon, they've exited the housing area. They were right in front of the main road. But the main road was deadly quiet. There were a few infected roaming around the area. Blood was seen all around the place too.

"Gouenji, which direction is your house? Is it far from here?" Fubuki asked turning around to face the platinum blonde.

"It's a little far from here... To the west," Gouenji said.

"You lead the way," Fubuki said and Gouenji nodded while heading to the front of the group. They started making their way to Gouenji's house. Soon an hour has passed and they still haven't reached Gouenji's apartment. They would've been quite close if they were running. But they couldn't as Aunt Mika can't really run because of her age.

"How long more...?" Endou asked tired of the walking.

"We're still quite far..." Gouenji said wiping sweat from his head. It was 3 o' clock in the afternoon. The sun was scorching. It was making them all tired and sweaty.