Rückkehr

Sooo as I was switching between updating this story and The Dark Games, I came to realise the slight difference in how I made Fubuki’s character in both stories. In The Dark Games, Fubuki had taken on a much more savage-type of character resulted from all the suffering that he had went through in the previous years while he adapts a slightly more neutral in this one well, at least until he meets an infected, that is. Though that doesn’t change the fact that both are still cruel in the ways of disposing of the enemy and are capable of ruthless killing^^ Juuust a random thought passing through once again :3 owh and I had a zombie dream today x3 pfft I’m gonna stay random anyway huh

Okiee once again, let’s not dawdle no longer and get on with the chappie~~ >:3 xD
_____________________________________________________________

The Amazons' attitude towards them completely changed after that. Ever since the incident where Katheeva had managed to convince the queen of her ways and their female friends granted their freedom in the choice of sisterhood, the boys were treated nicely as civilised human beings.

The female warriors no longer regarded them with the previous hostility they once did. They even went as far as offering them hospitality and shelter them until they were ready to make a move. It seems that most of the Amazons were actually pretty curious about them coming from the city and all—especially about the boys. The gaze they held when they stared at the males were that of a child who first laid their eyes on a giraffe in the zoo, having only heard of them in school or from their friends.

For weeks since the apocalypse began, they finally had the chance to sit and relax while having a good meal. Who would have thought it would have been in the Amazon jungles of all places?! Endou had been heartily stuffing his face (with Gouenji and Kidou trying and failing to get him to show some politeness) while the female warriors showed the girls their weapons as they exchanged stories. The others were still quite uneasy about the sudden change in attitude and settled with eating silently. I mean, who could blame them? They nearly became Amazon God kebabs an hour ago…! However, Adam, in particular, seemed to be enjoying himself the most…

“Nee~ Kawaii neko-chan (Cute kitty cat)~ Would you like me to show you what it is girls and boys do in the city?~” Adam questioned in a low voice as he placed the hand over one of the female warriors—Genevieve, was it?

“Adam-hyung! Stop it!” Kristian exclaimed with a frown. Unknown to Adam, there were a fair amount of girls in the room that had not-so-pleasant smiles on their face on the way he was acting towards one of their female comrades.

“It would be very much appreciated if you would at least try to control this anim- yourfriend here,” Queen Alkaia had paused in the middle of her conversation with Haruna, her left eye twitching suspiciously. One could tell that she was itching to get her hands on her spear.

Haruna chuckled nervously before she politely excused herself to tame that stray idol. And let’s just say that even Kidou was shocked at how fiery his younger sister can be at times.

“I haven’t really apologized for your friend, right?” Queen Alkaia muttered quietly as she casted a quick glance to Fubuki who laid on a heap of hay at the corner of the hut, eyes still remained closed—almost as if he were asleep. Upon hearing this, Endou put down his bun. Even Kidou and Gouenji were startled that their captain had suddenly stopped stuffing himself with the food.

“Ayamarenakute iiyo (You don’t have to apologise),” Endou replied after a moment of silence. “I’m sure you didn’t expect it to be a person who got caught in the trap, right?”

“But-“

“I agree that what you did was wrong. But the important thing is that you’ve managed to open your eyes to your mistakes. And it’s okay,” Endou encouraged with a brilliant smile. “We all make mistakes and we learn from that. That’s what makes us stronger. That’s what makes us human,”