Chapter 1

My name is Ashely Ella Hastings and I am seventeen years old. I grew up in Minnesota near Duluth. I attended a prep school and played on the boys hockey team. Through hockey, I met my current boyfriend, Auston Matthews. He plays for Toronto.

He is eighteen years old and was drafted into the NHL. We have been dating for only about a month. We were doing long distance right now. I'll never forget his first NHL game, I was there with his parents and he scored four goals in his first NHL game. I was so proud of my boyfriend.

However, I was going to be in the NHL. We had the draft and I was drafted to the Blackhawks. I had just finished my junior year, and in two months I was moving to Chicago. I was able to graduate high school early, which was super sweet!

I have two very supportive and amazing parents, my mom, Sarah and my dad, Mark.

I have an older sister, Allison who is twenty and is attending a college in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

My younger brother is fourteen. His name is Ryan and my little sister is twelve and her name is Courtney.  

I spent the rest of my summer spending time with my family, friends, and Auston. The summer flew by and I was in my condo with my parents.

They stayed with me for a week and today they left and I went to my first practice with the team.

"Hi, I'm Johnathan Toews, the captain.."

"Hey, I'm Ashley Hastings.."

"Nice to meet you.." He said

I was getting ready and all the guys seemed pretty cool.

"How's the NHL so far?" Sharpy asked me

"It's good, I'm still terrified."

"Hey, we're your teammates, which makes us your brothers, and we got your back, no matter what.."

"Thanks." I said

We had testing today and we were benching. Some guys were benching more than I could squat. For my bench press max, I got 135 pounds. Which is a lot for me, considering that I only weight 130 pounds.

"Is that all you can bench?" Patrick asked walking by

"Yeah, how much can you bench?" I asked bitchy back

"More than you.." He said walking away

Okay, so maybe the one guy I didn't like was Patrick Kane.

We squatted and then tested broad jump, vertical jump, etc.

I went home and I showered and drank my protein shake. I unpacked and I facetimed Auston.

Auston: Hey, how did testing go today?

Me: Fine.. It's kinda weird being the only girl here

Auston: Are you okay?

Me: Yeah.. I just miss my family, friends, and you

Auston: Well, I get to see you in about a month when we play you

Me: I can't wait because I miss you so much

Auston: I miss you too! Don't even think about how hot any other guy on the Hawks is

Me: Wouldn't think of it

We both laughed and continued to talk for hours.

The next few days of practice and testing went well, I was exhausted.

Q was announcing lines and I was on a line with Patrick Kane and Dylan Strome.

"You better not fuck my season up.." Patrick said quietly to me about the line combination