chapter 42

Ashley's POV:

A few days passed and Patrick's family was in town and obviously so was mine. We were in a suite at the game. We were doing the gender reveal after the game.

"Was this planned?" She asked

"No.." I said shaking

The Hawks were playing Toronto.

Patrick got a hattrick and they won 6-2. After the game, they laid red carpet down for me to walk out to the net on.

Patrick took off his helmet and tossed it to Shaw. Both teams were on the ice and our families were on the ice.

"Are you ready?" Patrick asked

"I'm so nervous!" I said smiling

"Do you want to shoot?" He asked

"This is for you.." I said

Patrick shot two targets, nothing. He handed me his stick and he said, "Your turn.."

I hit one and got nothing. The next shot, pink powder flew out. I was crying and so was Patrick he dropped his stick and he hugged me.

"We're having a girl, a little girl, just like you.." He said

I was crying and I couldn't say anything.. I really wanted it to be a girl.

Everyone was cheering and Auston skated over.

"Congrats.." He said

"Thank you.." I said crying

Patrick wiped his eyes and he said, "Thanks man.."

The photographer came over and said, "Pick her up!"

Patrick picked me up and my legs were wrapped around him. We did one of the things were pink powder came out and she took more pictures.

"Als, Tazer!" I said

They got in the pictures and then our whole family joined and then the team joined.

"Where is your engagement ring?" Auston asked

"At home.." I said

"Why aren't you wearing it?" He asked mad

"I didn't want people to think I was with Patrick.."

"Oh.." He said

Auston kissed me and I kissed him and I went to the Blackhawks locker room. Our families went back to my house, but I waited around for Patrick.

He came out of the locker room and I said, "Hey, baby daddy.."

He laughed and he said, "Our daughter isn't allowed to date.."

I laughed and said, "Already so protective.."

"I don't want her to end up with a guy like him.." Patrick said looking at Auston

"I'd punch you if Ashley wasn't standing in the way.." He said

I kissed Auston goodbye and I got in Patrick's car.

We spent the night with our families and Patrick's family was also staying at my house. It was two in the morning and Patrick was leaving and I whispered, "Stay.."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes.. It's late and you've been drinking.."

"Olivia is at my place." He said

"I'll drive you home then.."

I drove Patrick to his place and I got home and I went to bed. I loved having our family here in this big house.