chapter 16.

Ashley's POV:

The summer was flying by and before I knew it, I was in my car headed to Chicago for Patrick's wedding. My family was with me. It was the day before Patrick got married and Donna called me.

"Is Patrick with you?"

"No.." I said

"He took off last night and said he'd be back before the wedding. "

I went to the airport and I bought a ticket to Buffalo and I arrived there at 3am.

I took and Uber to Patrick's Buffalo house and I rang the doorbell. He answered...

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He asked

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked

He let me come in and I said, "You are getting married in a few hours and you are still like 8 hours away."

"Relax.." He said

"I know why you are here... So pack everything up and let's go.."

He went inside and grabbed his small bag and I got in his car and I drove to the pond.

We went out and sat on the bench and Patrick pulled out the ring.

"Deja vu.." I said

"Ashley, I want you to have this ring. It belongs to you.."

"Patrick, Brianna should have it."

"No, it's only meant to be given to one girl. Take it or I swear I'm going to throw it in the pond."

I put it on and I asked, "Why are you here now?"

"I promised my grandpa that I would get married here." He said

"Why are you getting married in Chicago?" I asked

"Because that's what Brianna wanted. She hated Buffalo.." 

"I think your grandpa would understand why it's in Chicago. Besides, then this gets to stay your secret spot."

"Why are you here?" He asked

"Because everyone is freaking out and didn't know where you went" 

"But you did.." He said

"I had a feeling.." I said

We got in his car and he drove for the first two hours while I napped and I drove the rest of the way while Patrick slept.

I went to my house and he went to get ready for the wedding.

"Where were you last night?" My mom asked

"With some friends.." I lied

My sister got me alone and asked, "Where were you?"

"In Buffalo.." I said

"Nothing happened between you, did it?"

"No.." I said

Everyone was getting ready and I was wearing a red dress. All the Hawks were wearing black suits with red ties.

Dylan picked me up and we headed to the outdoor venue. It was beautiful.

We all had to go take pictures with Patrick, a team thing. The Stanley Cup was at the wedding and Tazer said, "Okay, you two are re-creating the picture"

We both held the cup above our heads and we brought it down to kiss it. The photographer was snapping pictures.

Donna came over and pulled Patrick and the photographer aside. He came back and said that he needed to get ready.