Chapter 5.

We landed in Buffalo and Patrick's car was waiting in the parking lot. His family dropped it off.

He got in the driver seat and drove the thirty minutes to his parents house.

We walked inside and everyone was shocked to see me with him. He hugged his family and introduced them all to me.

Patrick and I spent the day at his parents house with all his extended family. I stayed by his side and he introduced me to everyone.

His mom came up to me and pulled me into the kitchen.

"Ashley, I just wanted to thank you so much for being here with Patrick."

"It's not a problem." I said smiling

We made some casual small talk and most people were drunk and staying overnight. Patrick was pretty drunk too.

The house was full and Donna said we could both sleep in Patrick's room. We walking into his childhood room around one in the morning and he said, "I can sleep on the floor or we can go to my house, but it's like a forty-five minute drive."

"It's okay.." I said 

Patrick tossed me a t-shirt and he left the room. I put the shirt on and he came back and I was laying in his bed. He took off his shirt and his joggers and he stood there in his boxers. He laid in bed and he asked, "Are you sure that you're okay with this?" 

"It's fine, it's like you being in the same bed as Tazer, Crow, Shaw, or someone.." I said 

We both fell asleep and I woke up in his arms, my head on his shoulder, his arms around me, our legs intertwined. I got up and went to take a shower. His sisters had a bunch of dresses laid out for me to pick from.

I found one that was cute, appropriate for the occasion, and fit well. Patrick was in his room getting his tie on and he was shaking. I walked up to him and I tied it for him.

We were getting ready to leave and Patrick drove me to the church. He had to speak during the service and he went up there with his sisters. His speech was so beautiful, I was crying and he hugged him when he sat back down. He grabbed my hand and held it for the rest of the service. 

We went and everyone ate and hung out for hours. Patrick grabbed my hand and said, "Let's go.."

We were only there for two hours. He handed me his keys and he gave me directions. We arrived at a small pond in the middle of the woods.

Patrick got out and we went and sat on an old wooden bench.

"My grandpa first took me here when I was two years old. This was the place where I learned how to skate, it's where I fell in love with the game and where some on my best memories of my grandpa are. This is my favorite place in the world."

"This is amazing.." I said looking around 

"It is and so are you. You didn't have to come, especially since I've treated you like shit. I want to give this to you as a thank you." Patrick said handing me a ring

It was beautiful. It had a ruby as the main jewel with a few small diamonds around it.

"Patrick, this is beautiful, but I can't accept it." I said

"Well, you have to because I don't want it back."

"Give it to Amanda.." I said

"Nah, we're pretty much over.." He said

"I'm sorry.." I said

Patrick looked into my eyes and he slowly leaned in and he kissed me. I kissed him back for a split second before I pulled back..

"What the hell was that?" I asked

"I'm sorry.." He said

"You should be!" I said pushing him back

I got up and said, "You have no right to kiss me. I have a boyfriend and you have a girlfriend. You are twenty-eight, so eleven years older than me. Plus you are such an ass.." I said walking to his car

"Where are you going?" He asked

"To the car and don't follow me.." I said

I sat in the passenger seat, still in shock over what just happened.

Did Patrick Kane have feelings for me? There is no way, he just needs someone to hook up with.

Patrick got in the driver seat and I said, "I thought I told you not to follow me.."

"What am I supposed to do? Sit out there and freeze?"

"That's an option.." I said 

"You are such a bitch..." Patrick said shaking his head

"I'm a bitch? At least I'm not a complete ass like you are!" I said back

"I'm only an ass to you.." Patrick said

"Gee, I feel so lucky?" I said giving him a WTF look

We yelled for a few more minutes, before I made a decision that would change so many things. I whispered, "Patrick..."

"Ash.." He whispered back

I looked into his eyes and I kissed him. He kissed me right back and I broke the kiss and took off my long jacket and Patrick took off his. He kissed me again and he pulled me onto his lap and we continued to makeout. He unzipped my dress and I took off his suit coat. Soon, I was only in my bra and lace thong. Patrick was in his boxers and we both moved to the backseat.

Patrick and I got dressed and he drove back to his parents house. We didn't talk. We were quiet..

"Where did you guys go?" Donna asked

"The pond.." Patrick responded

Patrick stormed up to his room and Donna asked, "Is he okay?"

"I think so.. You might want to talk to him." I said

Donna went up to his room and returned a few minutes later and said, "he's okay, he just misses his grandpa as expected."

Our flight was later tonight. Donna drove us to the airport and she hugged me goodbye and said, "Thank you for taking such good care of my son."

Patrick didn't say a word to me the whole way home. I dropped him off and I went home and I skipped practice again the next day as I told Q I had the stomach flu. Patrick went back and I didn't want to make it obvious that I went to Buffalo with him.

THOUGHTS?