chapter 30

Ashley's POV:

The look on their faces was priceless.

"We were working out with Rick and I forgot to bring extra clothes to change into. This was all I had.." I said 

"So you didn't have sex?" Olivia asked

"No, he's all yours..." I said

"So you aren't marrying him?" Conner asked

I looked at Patrick and I said, "What do you think?"

"Honestly, I would believe that.." He said

"Patrick Kane commiting to one girl forever.. That's funny.." I said walking away

The next week with Conner was super fun. We didn't see Patrick and Olivia really at all.

Conner was going back home and I dropped him off at the airport and when I got back home, Olivia was gone. She had some modeling event in Hawaii.

Patrick was there and he said, "I'll be in Buffalo for the rest of summer.."

"Drive safe.." I said

Patrick left and I was all alone. However, two weeks later, Patrick was back and he stopped by to grab clothes and I asked where he was going.

"My cabin is done, so I guess I will spend the rest of summer there since there's only about three weeks left."

Patrick just left without saying anything else. Three days later, I got a call from Patrick saying his car wouldn't start and he wanted to know if I could come. It was like 5 pm and I got in my car and drove two and a half hours to this cabin. 

I was there and freaking out. Patrick came outside to my car and walked inside with me.

"Holy fuck, it's scary out there.." I said as it was getting dark

"No, it's not.." He said 

He turned the outside lights on and he said, "I think it's just the battery. I left my lights on.. We jumped his car and he said, "I'm going to go drive around to charge it a little. You can come with or you can stay here.."

I got in the car and he drove into town and then came back. 

"I should head back to the city.." I said

"It's late.. There are deer. Stay here tonight.." He said

We went inside and I took a shower and Patrick gave me a short tour. 

"This place is beautiful.." I said

It was around midnight when I went in the guest bedroom to go to sleep. It started storming and I was scared..

I got up to turn the lights on and the power was out..

"Patrick!" I yelled freaking out

He came into my room using his flashlight on his phone..

I clung to him and he walked me to his bedroom.

I sat in bed with him and he said, "Please don't freak out.."

"No promises.." I said

"The power is out... It's storming like really bad.. My phone just died.." He said

"You fucking planned this.. You're going to like murder me or something.." I said laughing

"Yeah, I planned the fucking storm.." He said 

I laid in his bed and I felt so safe. The thunder shook the whole cabin and I found myself moving closer to Patrick. Soon, I was laying on his chest and his arms were wrapped around me.

"Are you okay with this?" He asked

"Yeah, I'm scared.." I said

"I know you are.." He said holding me in his arms

He held me in his arm and I woke up the next morning in Patrick's arms. He was awake and I asked, "What time is it?"

"11:20am.. " He said

"You should have woke me up.." I said

"I don't mind, you looked so peaceful.." He said

I moved out of his arms and I said, "I really should head back to the city.."

"Or you could go out on the boat with me.." Patrick said

"Okay..." I said

We literally just both grabbed a banana and went to the boat. Patrick was driving around the lake and it was beautiful. 

It was hot and Patrick stopped the boat in the middle of the lake, threw an anchor in, and took off his shirt and his shorts..

"What are you doing?" I asked him

"Jumping in.." He said

"In your underwear?" I asked

"No.." He said taking off his boxers and jumping in the lake

The lake wasn't populated and we were in a circle that had no cabins by it.

Patrick was in the lake and he said, "Come in.."

I shook my head no and he said, "I will get out and throw you in.."

I took my clothes off and I jumped in. We were literally skinny dipping in the lake in the middle of the day.

We were both treading water and cooling off and we had drifted away from the boat. Patrick swam back over to the boat and was holding onto the latter. I was swimming behind him and when I got close enough, I reached my hand out for him to pull me in.

I was hanging onto the ladder too and there was a boat a few feet away with people.

"We can't get out.." I said

"So what are we supposed to do, just hang here all day?" Patrick asked

Another boat came flying by and the waves was making me move closer to Patrick. 

My body was up against his and my heart was about to beat out of my chest.

Patrick pulled me into him and he kissed me.

I pulled back and asked, "What's going on?"

I didn't even wait for an answer... I kissed him and we were making out and we were having sex in the water..

After, Patrick just held me and and we both quickly got in the boat and I wrapped up in a towel and so did he.

We both pretended like absolutely nothing happened.. We went back to the cabin and I showered, got dressed, and said, "I need to go.."

"Ash, please.." He said

"Patrick, I can't do any of this.. Ever.. I'm sorry.." I said walking out the door

I got in my car and drove back home. When I got there, I called Conner.