Chapter 2

Ashley's POV:

The next day, I got up  and went to the rink for practice. It was a pretty hard practice as we were getting on a plane tonight for my first road trip to the west coast.

After practice, we had a workout, film, and a team lunch. I went home and said goodbye to my family and thanked them all for being here.

------

I sat alone on the plane and we landed and took a bus to the hotel. I had my own room, which was nice. The guys and I had a hotel team dinner that we had to dress up for.

I got my ass slapped by a fan in the hallway and the guys closest to me pinned him against the wall and Shaw threw a punch at him and said, "That's sexual harassment.. Leave her and all women the fuck alone!"

These guys were becoming like my brothers and I loved being part of this special team.

I sat down and Patrick ended up next to me.

"So tomorrow, the Ducks are going to be really physical. Just get me the puck and I'll do all the hard work.."

"You're telling her what to do, doesn't she have more goals than you?" Dylan asked

The whole team was laughing and he was pissed.

"Fuck off, I have way more experience."

The boys started talking about school and Tazer asked, "If you were going to school, what would you be going for?"

"A nurse or something.. What about you ?" I asked

"An electrical engineer or business.. Kaner what would you be?" Jonathan asked

"Girls.." Dylan said

Patrick smirked and said, "Probably.."

I muttered "and how to be a dick"

The boys started laughing again and Patrick rolled his eyes and said, "Gotta have a big one to be a big one.."

The boys laughed at his comment and I rolled my eyes. I hated Patrick Kane and his cocky attitude.

I was laying in my hotel bed FaceTimeing my boyfriend. I missed him so much. He was in Boston this weekend. We were miles and miles apart.

I got up early, ate, and went to the rink all dressed up. I had an interview before hand..

Apparently, it was with Dylan and Patrick. I was sitting between them and the reporter asked, "So Ashley, this is amazing where you are.."

"Yeah, it's all unreal to me. I'm so grateful for..." The reporter cut me off

"I meant it's amazing that you're sitting between these two men.." He said

"Yeah, they are both excellent players and I'm happy to be on a line with them." I said

"Patrick, would you mind telling us about the move you tried in your home opener on your penalty shot?"

This man kept asking the boys hockey related questions and I kept getting asked about boys and stupid stuff unrelated to hockey.

"Ashley, what's it like being the only girl in this man dominated game?"

This was a live interview and I said, "It's amazing, not just for me, but for every girl who is watching me. I'm not just doing this for me, I'm doing this for them, to show them that's it's possible. Strong is beautiful. I am a woman who is playing in the NHL, I know hockey, so why don't you start asking me intelligent questions like you're asking Dylan and Patrick instead of asking me stupid questions and being stereotypical of me being a girl.."