chapter 33

Ashley's POV:

I was in Arizona, standing outside Auston's parents house.

Auston opened the door and he said, "Holy crap.."

"Hey.." I said

"Hi!" He said smiling

"Can we talk?" I asked

"Of course.." He said stepping outside

"I miss you and I want to give us another chance..." I said

Auston kissed me and he said, "I've missed you so much.."

We sat on the bench outside his house and he asked, "So I heard you and Kaner broke up.."

"Yeah, we did." I said

Auston put his arm around me and he asked, "What happened?"

"Honestly, the kiss... But he could never be fully committed to me."

"What does that mean?" He asked confused

"It means that Patrick would never be ready to get married.."

"Oh, so you want to get married?" He asked pulling me closer to him

"I was ready with Patrick.." 

Auston kissed my head and he said, "I'm sorry.. Can we go tell my parents that we are back together?"

"Yeah.." I said smiling

His mom hugged me and so did his dad. They were so excited to see me and that we were back together. 

I spent three days hanging out in Arizona with Auston and then I got on a plane back to Chicago.

Pre-season was starting and I was so excited. It was early October and something happened with Patrick. He turned into a complete ass again.

It was our home opener against Toronto and Patrick and Auston didn't fight. However, after the game Q cleared out all the media and said we had a special guest coming in.

It was Auston in a suit. 

He handed me a bouquet of roses and he said, "Ashley, I know we've only been back together for about three weeks, but I love you and I want you forever.."

Auston got down on one knee and asked, "Ashley, will you marry me?"

I didn't know what to say. I wasn't prepared to spend forever with Auston.. I wanted to marry Patrick... Patrick was going to propose to Olivia, so I guess this is my chance to get married.. 

I thought that maybe being with Auston things would be how they used to be, when I loved Auston... But it's always ben Patrick. He looked at me and he was pissed. 

I looked into Auston's eyes and I said, "Yes.."

Auston put the ring on my finger and he kissed me. He left the locker room and he said, "I'll see you later.."

The whole team was shocked. I was shocked. I left and took a shower and put my dress back on and I left the locker room and Auston was waiting there. 

"Hello my sexy fiancé" He said kissing me

I kissed him and he said, "I wish that I could stay and celebrate with you, but I need to get on a plane to St. Louis.."

"It's okay.. I love you.." I said kissing him

He kissed me and he said, "I love you too.. Let me know what your parents say."

"I will.." I said

I went to my car and I drove home. I laid in bed and I couldn't stop looking at the engagement ring. It was oval shaped, it was beautiful, but it wasn't me. Or was it? I don't know...