chapter 37

Ashley's POV:

I was frozen... I started crying, "So there was a ring?"

"Of course there was a ring.." He said looking confused on why I was so shocked there was a ring

"Christmas, right?" I asked

"Yeah.. But I didn't have your dads blessing yet and I didn't want to propose without it. So I waited and by the time I was planning on doing it, things started going downhill.."

"You got his blessing? When?" I asked

"The next time we were in Minnesota and they were in the cities. I took him out for a drink and asked him.."

"What did he say?" I asked

Patrick was holding back tears and I looked at him and asked, "Did he give you his blessing?"

He nodded his head yes and he asked, "Do you really want to know?"

"Yes.." I said anxious for his response

Patrick spoke quietly like he was fighting tears and he said, "His exact words were 'There is nothing that would make me happier than you marrying my daughter.'"

Patrick was crying and I was crying too..

He got up and I said, "Here's the ring.." 

I held the box out for him to grab and he said, "I don't need that anymore.."

He grabbed it and he threw it in the lake and left. I started crying. That expensive, beautiful, ring, my ring was at the bottom of the lake. 

I went inside and I went and laid in bed and I couldn't stop thinking about the ring. Patrick was planning on proposing to me. My dad wants me to marry Patrick.. 

I got up really early and I drove back to the city. My parents were already at my place. My mom was starting to cook and the Kane family showed up.

"Why are you here?" My mom asked Donna smiling

"This is technically still our place together.." I said

Our families were excited to see each other. 

Patrick showed up and then there was a knock on the door. Auston and his parents were standing there.

Fuck... I told him to bring his family so we could tell them about the engagement. I totally forgot.

I invited them in and the room got tense. All eyes were on me..

"Why is your ex boyfriend here?" My mom asked

I looked at Patrick and I looked at Auston..

"No one is allowed to say anything... Auston and I are engaged..." Was all I got out before every single person tried to say something.

They were all talking over each other and I tried telling them to stop. They got louder..

I screamed, "I'M PREGNANT!"

Everyone was quiet and looked shocked... I added, "With Patrick's baby.."

Everyone was really shocked. 

"What happened first?" My mom asked

"The pregnancy.." I said

I was getting yelled at and I said, "You are blaming me me for both of these things, but Auston's the one who got down on one knee and Patrick is the one who put this baby in me.."

I left and went to the bedroom.

Patrick's POV:

Of course things weren't going good. Ashley's dad was ready to kill Auston. Ash was getting blamed and after she went to her room, I went to follow her and so did Auston..