chapter 18.

Ashley's POV:

Patrick and I were enjoying our time in Buffalo, but we had to head back to Chicago for our pre-season. 

"How serious are you about me?" Patrick asked

"What?" I asked confused

"Do you see a future with us?"

"Yes, of course!" I said 

"I love you, you know that, but as soon as we cross the New York state, I can't kiss you anymore. We can't be together anymore, unless we go public." Patrick said

"I love you and you know that, but I'm not ready for that yet.." I said

Patrick grabbed my hand and said, "Okay.."

We hit the New York state line and Patrick pulled over at a rest area and he kissed me. We were making out and then Patrick drove across the state line and we ended up in Chicago. Patrick dropped me off and then he went to his place. I laid in my bed alone all night. I couldn't fall asleep.

The next two weeks were hell. I was sleeping like shit and the pre-season training was exhausting.

I had only hung out with Patrick a few times, but it was with the team, never alone and I missed him like crazy.

Tazer did a good job of acting like nothing had happened between us.

It was late and I couldn't sleep. I texted Patrick that I missed him and he didn't respond.

However, there was a knock on my door twenty minutes later and I opened it. There was Patrick.

He kissed me and I locked the door and followed Patrick to my bedroom. I laid in Patrick's arms and he kissed my forehead.

"I love you.." He said

"I love you too.." I said 

I woke up looking into his perfect blue eyes.

"Good morning my beautiful girl.." He said 

"Good morning boyfriend.." I said kissing him

Patrick made me breakfast and then he said, "We have a pre-season game tonight.."

"I know.. Don't remind me, I'm kinda freaking out.."

"About what?" Patrick asked

"Trying to be better than last season.."

Patrick looked into my eyes and he said, "Baby, you have nothing to worry about.."

I kissed him and said, "I have you and Auston to worry about."

"I don't want to fight him, I got the girl.." He said

I smiled and kissed my boyfriend. 

Pre-season was going amazing. We had our home opener and it was insane, we won the game 5-1 against the Blues. 

Patrick was going out with some guys on the team to some club and I went home. My whole family was in town.

I hung out with them and then I went to bed. I looked at my phone and didn't have a message from Patrick... Of course.

The next day, we had team lift and practice. Q was so excited for the season because he said there was so much potential for the team.

The next couple days passed and Patrick and I have barely spoke to each other.

There were pictures that surfaced of Patrick at a strip club...

It was 1am after a game and I drove to Patrick's. I went inside and Patrick was up playing some stupid video game.