chapter 22

Ashley's POV:

We all woke up pretty late, around 10am. We were opening presents and Allison had my family open our gifts at the same time.

Mine was a Yeti cup that I always drank water out of that said: BADASS AUNT

 I screamed! 

"You're pregnant?!?" I asked

"Yeah.." She said smiling

I hugged her and she started crying. Her husband was back home with his family.

My mom was crying and everyone was asking questions. She was only like 8 weeks, so it was still super early.

Patrick looked at me and he smiled looking at the cup.

"So why the badass part?" I asked as everyone else just had future aunt, uncle, grandma, and grandpa"

"Because not every kid can say that their aunt was the first female to play hockey in the NHL and win a Stanley Cup.."

I started crying and I smiled and said, "I love you, Als.."

"Love you too, Ash.."

She hugged me again and everyone continued opening presents. 

"So we didn't know what to get you guys.." I said to everyone as Patrick and I didn't buy any gifts

"Geee thanks..." My brother said

"We decided that money can buy things that you really don't need, so during the two week all-star break we are taking you on a 100% paid for trip to Paris.." I said

"All of us?" Donna asked

"Yeah.." Patrick said

Everyone was super happy and excited. We made a nice breakfast and took some cute pictures..

Patrick kissed me and he said, "I have a present for you later..."

I gave him a look and he gave me that stupid sexy smirk and I couldn't wait to see what it was.

We spent the whole day hanging out together and then the next day, back to reality. Patrick and I had practice. Our family decided to come watch..

Most of the guys left the locker room in a hurry. I was taking my time and so was Patrick, until we were alone.

I just got out of the shower and I had wet hair and was literally just in joggers and a long sleeve shirt.

Patrick came up to me and he kissed me. We were making out and he said, "You are so perfect.."

We kept making out and he took off his shirt..

I broke the kiss and I went to lock the locker room door and made sure everyone was gone, they were.

Patrick and I had sex in the locker room.. Q would kill us if he found out. After, Patrick tossed me his jersey to wear. I was standing in his jersey and he tossed on his joggers.

He sat with his back up against the wall and I laid my head on his lap.

"I love how our families get along so well..." I said

"Me too, I can't believe your sister is pregnant.."

"Neither can I. I mean she is married and she just graduated college, but still.."

"Do you want kids?" Patrick asked

"I've told you, yes.. I would love to have a kid and have them make it to the NHL.."

"Me too.. I always wanted to have kids young and play against my son in the NHL.."

I laughed and smiled and said, "That would the coolest.."

"It's too late for me, but it isn't for you.."

"Are you trying to convince me to have a baby with you?"

 He kissed me again and then he put on his shirt.

I also got dressed. He grabbed my hand and we walked out of the locker room and to the car. Patrick drove and he held my hand the whole way home. 

We came home to a dinner cooked by our moms.

"Wow, it smells amazing.." I said

"We thought you two should have another meal by the moms.."Donna said

We sat down and ate with everyone.

The next morning, both our families headed back home. It was so quiet after they left. 

I did a lot of laundry and Patrick and I packed as we left tomorrow for a quick trip to Calgary and came back to play Arizona and Colorado.

That was a long and awful trip we went 2-1.

More days passed and the all-star game was coming up, it was in Boston and we were leaving from there. 

Patrick and I each packed for Europe and for the all-star game. It was just the two of us repping the Hawks this year. 

We were in Boston and our families were going to watch the all-star game.

We got to our hotel room and then went to the fancy dinner. I was doing my hair and Patrick came in the bathroom to tie his tie. 

We were ready to go and we took a cute mirror picture and Patrick drove us to a large fancy building.

We were about to walk in and I stopped. I handed Patrick my phone because I had no pockets. I also pulled my strapless dress up and I said, "I can't wait to get out of this stupid dress.. It's squeezing my boobs to death.."

Patrick looked at me and he said, "We don't have to go to this.. We can say our plane got delayed and we can go back to the hotel room and I cant take your dress off for you.."

"Tempting.." I said kissing him

We walked in to the building and immediately were taken for pictures. The food was good, the speeches were good, socializing was cool, until Patrick was with some guys and I went to the bathroom, where Auston met me.

"Hey, you look beautiful.." Auston said to me

I kept walking and he grabbed my arm and he pulled me out of the main ballroom and into the small lobby..

"Please let go.." I said

"You need to listen to me.." He said