chapter 54

NOT MY PICTURE: link to picture: https://belloblog.com/sister-tattoos/

Ashley's POV:

I woke up at noon the next day and Lauren was still asleep. I let her sleep and blocked her in with pillows. I went downstairs and my mom was up and had already went to the grocery store.

"Good morning" She said smiling at me

"Good morning.." I said

Slowly, everyone got up and we all unpacked, did laundry, and just hung out.

Lauren got up and I ran to Target with Courtney so I could buy baby food and some other things I didn't have with me.

We went back home and the next day, we decided it was a girls beach day. It was me, Allison, Courtney, and the two babies. We went to a local beach and sat on a blanket, played in the water with the babies and talked about the trip.

"Are you going to have another baby?" Allison asked

"Someday.. Are you?" I asked

"Someday..." She replied

"Must be nice to have your whole life figured out.." Courtney said laughing

"Enjoy being young... I love Patrick and Lauren to death and I am so incredibly lucky to have made it to the NHL... But, I am twenty years old and I'm getting married and have a year old daughter. Don't grow up too fast.." I said

"Do you regret anything?" Allison asked

"I regret growing up too fast.. At seventeen, I was dating a guy ten years older than me. I don't regret falling in love or having a baby, but I don't recommend it this young. Go to college, have fun, get a job, don't worry about finding mr perfect.." I said

"I so agree with that.." Allison said

I looked at my daughter and she was smiling and all happy and I added, "But having a baby if the greatest thing ever.. It's like a mini version of you and the guy you love.."

We decided to go out for lunch to some healthy salad place and it was actually so good. My phone was ringing and it was Patrick I answered it quickly and he asked if I knew how long I was staying for and I said that I would call him tonight.

We went shopping and I bought my sisters something.

We dropped Lauren off with my parents and I drove to a tattoo shop.

"What are we doing here?"

"Getting matching sister tattoos.." I said

We all went inside and got a small heart on our ankle with an infinity sign with the word sisters on the inside the heart and infinity sign (see picture)

We were about to leave and I stopped and got back on the table.

"What are you doing?" Allison asked

"I want the number 88 on my lower back in the middle.." I said

The tattoo artist made a sketch and he was about to start and Allison asked, "Are you sure?"

"One hundred percent.."

We left later and Allison said, "You must really love him to get his jersey number tattooed on your ass.."

I laughed and I said, "It's on my back.."

"It's a tramp stamp.." Courtney said

We al laughed and I said, "No one is allowed to tell mom and dad..."

We did a pink promise and went home and showed our parents our sister ones.

They aren't huge on tattoos, but thought they were super cute.

I spent the next week in Minnesota and I was going to fly back to Chicago tomorrow.

I spent the night with my family and I got up early and my mom drove me to the city and I flew back to Chicago and Patrick was there to pick us up. He got everything in the car and I got Lauren in the car.

Patrick kissed me before he started driving home. I was going to hide the 88 tattoo until he noticed it.

We got home and I did all the laundry and cleaned all day.

That night, I went to bed early and a few days passed and Patrick still didn't know about it.

"Hey, Tazer wants to know if you want to go on a double date tonight with him and Lindsay?"

"What are we doing?" I asked

"Dinner and skating at the UC.."

"Yeah, let's do it.. I'll call Abby and see if she can watch Lauren."

A few hours later we met up with Tazer and his girlfriend at Tazer's place and Patrick drove to at pizza place.

We then went to the United Center and Tazer was tying Lindsay's skates and I looked at Patrick and said, "Will you tie my skates?"

He laughed and grabbed one and started to tie them.

We were all on the ice and having lots of fun. Lindsay was actually a really good skater.

I was in Patrick's joggers and one of his sweatshirts. We were going in the corner and Patrick spun me around and my sweatshirt moved up and he totally saw the tattoo.

He didn't say anything. He just gave me a confused look. He didn't talk to me much and I was scared he was mad at me.

He didn't say a word to me for the next two hours. We got in the car and he dropped Tazer and Lindsay off. He wasn't saying anything and I asked, "Are you mad at me?"

"When did you do it?" He asked

"When I was in Minnesota getting the sisters tattoos.."

He was super quiet and wouldn't say anything.

"Damnit Patrick, why are you so pissed?" I asked

He pulled into Abby and Shapy's house. He ran in and got our daughter. He came back out and he drove home and I put the baby to bed.

I was finishing brushing my teeth and Patrick came in and I said, "Just leave me alone... I'll get it removed.."

"What?" He said confused

"You hate the tattoo. You haven't said a word to me since you saw it.."

"I don't hate it.. I am just confused on why you'd get that.. It's so permanent.."

"And marriage isn't?" I questioned

"There is divorce.. Marriage can go away.."

"I can get the tattoo removed... Are you implying that this was a bad idea because you don't want to marry me anymore?" I asked on the verge of tears