chapter 41

Ashley's POV:

"Why?" Patrick asked

Ryan pointed to the window.

There was tons of snow..

"We got a foot overnight and we're expecting another 28 inches by tomorrow morning.." My mom spoke

I showed Patrick my phone and Auston said that he wouldn't make it before Christmas so he was going to Arizona.

We ate breakfast and everyone went out to snow blow and shovel.  I stayed in and watched Christmas movies with Courtney.

Allison, her husband, and their daughter came over and we did the whole Christmas Eve dinner.

Thankfully, we stopped at target in Minneapolis and got Patrick some basic necessities. Plus, I packed a lot of his joggers and sweatshirts as they fit me better.

Everyone went to bed and at midnight, I woke my siblings up and Patrick.

"We're going sledding.." I said and everyone got ready

I was behind the wheel of my parents suburban and I drove to a hill.

We got out and walked to the top of the hill. Patrick stayed close by me because it might be slippery.

We were having a blast and it was now two in the morning.

I went to the car and I put my sled in the trunk and Patrick did the same.

"Merry Christmas.." He said

"Merry Christmas.." I siad

"All my presents for you are in Chicago.." He said

"So are mine, so we're even.." I said

It was snowing out and Patrick looked at me said, "This is our fourth Christmas together.."

"Time flies." I said

"Ash..." He said looking into my eyes

He was leaning in to kiss me when Courtney came running.

"I'm cold too!" She said

We all got in the car, but I handed Patrick the keys.

Allison and Dylan were walking back. We were heading back home and when we got there, my dad was waiting outside in the blizzard.

Patrick pulled in the the driveway and then into the garage. 

"You guys were crazy enough to go sledding?" He asked

"It's a tradition.." I said

"And you driving my car must be part of that too?" My dad asked Patrick laughing

"I guess so.." Patrick said laughing

We took the sleds out and went inside. I showered and went to bed. We woke up the next morning and we were opening presents. My parents had presents for Patrick and they said they were going to have me bring them back.

Patrick said, "Thank you for letting me stay here with you guys for Christmas. It means a lot that you guys still treat me like family.. I wasn't planning on being here at all so I have nothing, but I am taking my family to Italy and Greece next summer and all of you are coming with.."

"You will always be family... That is way too much, no.." My mom said

"Your daughter is giving me the best gift in the world, a baby... Nothing is too much for you guys.." Patrick said

My mom started crying and she hugged Patrick. Things were winding down and Patrick was upstairs. I went up there and he was facetiming his family.

"Hi Ash!" Jackie said

"Hey!" I said sitting next to Patrick

I talked to his family with him and then we spent the day with mine playing games.

I woke up the next morning and Patrick said, "I need to go back to Chicago.. How long are you staying for?"

"After New Years.." I said

Patrick said goodbye to my family and then I drove Patrick to the airport in Minneapolis, he actually drove himself, I just went with.

We were at the airport and I said, "Thank you for coming with me. I know it isn't easy on you not being with your family.."

"Well your family is like family... Besides, I got to spend Christmas with you and baby Kane.."

"Baby Kane will be here next Christmas.." I said smiling

Patrick hugged me and he left the car. I drove back to Duluth and the second I walked in the door, Allison ran over to me.

"Why the fuck aren't you with him?" She asked me

"What do you mean?" I asked

"He is in love with you.. You are engaged to some stupid boy.."

"I love Auston... Patrick is only acting this way because I am pregnant.." I said walking away

I spent the next week or so with my family and then after the new year, I got in the car with them and we drove to Chicago. We went to my place and Patrick was waiting outside the door.

"Hey, before you go in, I need you to come with me so I can give you your Christmas present.." He said

"Okay.." I said

He let my parents in and then we left. He made me wear a blindfold and he drove for about twenty minutes. We got me out of the car and we were standing outside. He took the blindfold off and he said, "Merry Christmas and welcome home.."

I was in shock... We were standing outside a huge house..

"What is this?"

"This is my present to you, your dream house.. Our baby should have a house, not that penthouse.."

"You didn't buy me a fucking house..." I said freaking out

"No, I didn't. I built it, just for you.."

"Why would you do that?" I asked crying 

"Because you deserve it.." He said opening the front door

We walked around the whole and he already furnished it and everything.. This is why I couldn't go inside my old place..

The house was huge. I mean like six bathrooms, eight bedrooms, a bar, a movie room, a trophy room, and indoor workout and shooting area, a huge kitchen, an amazing master suite, a pool with a bar, a gorgeous patio set. 

"This is my dream house.." I said

"I know.." He said

"Thank you.." I said crying as I hugged him

He texted my parents the address and they were here soon. They were also shocked.

Patrick left and Allison pulled me upstairs and she said, "You fucking bitch!"

"What?" I asked

"He loves you.. He built you a dream house..."

"He loves the baby.. Leave me alone.." I said

I laid in the bed. It was a king sized bed. It made me feel so alone in such a huge bed. The next day, I went grocery shopping and then Patrick picked me up for my doctor's appointment.

Our baby was on the screen and the doctor found the heartbeat and Patrick started crying.

"That is our baby.." He said

He made me cry and the doctor asked, "Do you want to know the gender?"

"Can you write it on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope?" I asked

"Of course.." She said

We left and Q was in the parking lot. I handed him the envelope.

A.N. GIRL OR BOY???