chapter 10.

Ashley's POV:

"No.." Patrick said looking sad

Suddenly, I felt sad too..

"I'm sorry for making you fly here for this.." I said 

"Hey, I wanted to be here.. I know you aren't ready for a baby yet, but I would have loved being a dad to our baby.."

"You want kids?" I asked him

"Yeah, with you." He said back to me

That brought tears to my eyes and I said, "If you want kids, find someone who can give you kids."

"No, there is no woman that I've ever met that I would trust to be the mother to my kids. They all just want to fame, money, and name.."

"Patrick.." I said

"I need to go back to Chicago.." He said cold

"You can't even stay for one night?" I asked

"Why? It's not like you we are together. You have a boyfriend, remember?"

I kissed him and he pulled back.. 

He looked at me with those beautiful eyes and he kissed me again.

"I have to go.. I'm sorry.." He said leaving

A few says passed and I was now on an East coast road trip.

"The first game was in Boston, we lost.

The second, Toronto. Auston was so happy to see me.

He hugged me and I started crying.

"What's wrong?" he asked

"I hate LA... I miss Chicago.." I said

"No, you miss Patrick.."

"Yeah, I do.. I also miss Jonathan and Shaw and Crow, and coach Q.. I miss the snow... I miss the fans.."

"I'm sorry Ashley.." He said

"You're the one who basically blackmailed me into doing this.."

"No, I didn't.." He said

"Auston, I love you, but I don't want to be controlled by you anymore.."

"Ashley, I love you too.." He said kissing me

We beat Toronto and then we went to Buffalo. I took an Uber to the Kane house. I rang the doorbell and Donna answered. I was standing there in tears..

I told her everything. She said, "I'm so sorry this is happening to you.."

"I would fight it, but I've looked into everything. Patrick will be removed from the NHL and he will have a ten year sentence in prison..."

Donna cried and I said, "I'm sorry and I promise you that I will do everything to protect your son, but I need you to not tell him anything I told you because he will do something stupid and get arrested."

Donna hugged and told me she would keep my secrets and that I could call her anytime I wanted.

I went to Patrick's Buffalo house and I went inside and on his nightstand was a picture of us. I grabbed a piece of paper and I wrote:

Patrick,

I don't know when you'll see this, but what happens in Buffalo stays in Buffalo. I'm sorry for everything I said and for leaving without telling you. Things are just really messy and complicated. It's best if we stop all communication..

Here is the ring back, I don't deserve it. I'm sorry for everything.

- Ashley

I left the ring on the piece of paper on his bed. I left his house and went to Patrick's favorite spot. I cried and cried. I re-joined my team at the hotel and soon, I was learning to forget about Patrick. It helped not wearing that ring everyday.