chapter 19

Patrick's POV:

Ashley left and my mom looked at me smiling and she said, "Wow, I so approve.."

I smiled like an idiot and my mom asked, "Do you want to have kids?"

"No.. I never really wanted kids. I love my life.." I was saying and my mom looked dissapointed

I continued talking, "But then I met Ashley and I don't want kids with her, I need kids with her.."

My mom started to cry. She hugged me said, "That girl is like your angel.."

I got tears in my eyes and I said, "I know.."

"I've accomplished a lot, but I've also experienced a lot awful people and situations. I gave up on true love and I was wrong to do that... Ashley showed me people are good and people can love me for me, not for being rich and famous.." I said and my mom was crying

"Do you wanna know a huge secret?" I asked my mom

"Yeah.." She said smiling

I went in my room and came back out holding a small box. I handed it to my mom and I said, "I bought a ring.."

My moms jaw hit the floor. She opened the box and she started to cry again..

"This ring is absolutely beautiful...I don't want to know how much it cost, but wow.." 

"Honestly, it cost nothing compared to what I make.." I answered

She looked at the ring and asked, "When are you going to propose?"

"I have no idea, but I love her so much... I still need to officially meet her parents and tell them about our relationship, ask her dad for his blessing, tell the world about us, and make sure she's ready.."

"One step at a time.." My mom said handing me the box back

I put the box away and spent the rest of the night with my mom. The next morning, she made me breakfast and I left for morning skate and then came home and took a nap.

I left for the rink and I had Ash pick me up so my mom could take my car.

We won our game against the Senators 3-2. My mom was in the stands and I loved looking up and seeing her there.

Ashley's POV:

We were on a road trip to Texas, Arizona, Colorado, and Detroit. I was super sick and I was going home.

Patrick came to my room and he said, "I love you, feel better.."

"Thanks.. I love you too." I said

He kissed my forehead and he said, "Holy shit you are on fire.."

"I know.. I feel like shit." I said 

I had a 103 degree fever, throwing up, sore throat, cough, and an awful runny nose. I flew back to Chicago and I laid in bed for like three days and Patrick came over when they got back after 6 days and I was feeling a lot better.

Patrick slept over and I told him he shouldn't because I didn't want him to get sick. He said, "I'm not leaving.. You could have ebola and I would be by your side.."

A couple of days passed and I was playing again and back to normal. We were in Minnesota and we were officially telling my family we were dating. They knew we were close, but they didn't know we were official.

We were at my parents house and my siblings were super excited to see Patrick and so was my mom. However, my dad was not so happy. 

We had dinner and I said, "We have some news.."

"You better not be pregnant.." My dad

"I'm not..." I said

"Thank god!" He said relieved

"It's not really news, but we just wanted to tell you that we are officially dating and we are going to go public. Please don't say anything until we announce it.."

"Aww congrats.." My mom said smiling

"Awesome!" My little brother said 

We had a nice dinner and my dad pulled Patrick outside to talk... They were out there for like forty-five minutes.

I helped my mom with the dishes and cleaning up from dinner. Patrick came back in and we said goodbye to my family. 

My family all came outside and Patrick got in the driver seat of my car.

"He's driving?" My dad asked

"Yeah.." I said kinda rudely

My dad hugged me goodbye and he said, "I love you and I'm so proud of you. We can't wait to watch you play tomorrow."

"Love you too.." I said getting in the car

Patrick started the car and he drove toward St. Paul.

"What did my dad say to you?" I asked after a few minutes of silence

"Honestly, not that much.. First he lectured me on how I need to take things slow because you are so much younger. He doesn't want me to rush marriage or kids because it would ruin your career. Then he started asking a bunch of questions about me.. Just stupid things like why I love you, why I picked you, things like that. It wasn't that bad.."

"I'm sorry... I swear he likes you, but he's just scared after what happened with Auston."

"I know and that's why it doesn't bother me." Patrick said grabbing my hand and kissing it

It was getting dark out and Patrick just drove the two hours. It was quiet, but he never let go of my hand. We got to the hotel and we went our separate ways. 

The next morning we had a light morning skate, film, and then the big game.

My whole family was in a suite. When I say whole family, I mean grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, parents, siblings, etc.

This game was so back and forth. The game stayed scoreless for two whole periods, but so many chances each way. We ended up coming out on top thanks to Seabs slapshot from the blueline. 

My whole family came down to the locker room and I went out and took pictures with them. Patrick popped his head out and said, "Q says you are all invited in to meet the team."

My family got to meet some players ad take more pictures and get autographs. My brother was loving this.

My brother was wearing my jersey and Patrick signed it.

"Ryan, your sister is good, but I'm better!" Patrick signed it 

Tazer came over and signed it and signed his name and added, "But I'm the best"

Crow came over, signed it, and added, "I'm the bestest"

"That isn't a word you idiot!" Duncs said

Seabs came over, signed it, and added, "I'm the bestestet"

Shaw came over and wrote, "If anyone messes with you, I will kick their ass!" then signed it

 All the guys wrote something funny and there was one spot left. I grabbed the marker and I wrote, "You're the best because you are my little brother and you make me the proudest big sister. I love you Ry.. P.S. I am way better than Kaner!"

My family left the locker room and everyone got undressed and hit the showers. I said goodbye to my family and I went with the team on a plane to Toronto...