chapter 52

Ashley's POV:

The game continued and people were drunk. The adults went in for the night and Crow was thinking of a dare for Patrick.

"I dare you to try your girls milk.." He said laughing

"Her breast milk?" Patrick asked

"Yeah.." Shaw said high-fiving Crow

"How?" I asked

"Right there.." Shaw said

Patrick looked at me and I said, "Hell no.."

I got up, and got him one of Lauren's bottles for the morning. I poured it in a cup and Patrick looked so grossed out..

He was trying not to gag as he took a small sip.

"It tastes very vanillaish.." He said

I took a small sip and I said, "It's nasty, but it isn't horrible... It reminds me of almond milk.."

Soon, everyone was trying my breastmilk.

The game continued and I was asked, "What scares you the most?"

"Losing our family..." I said looking at Patrick

The game went on and was actually very funny and some deep secrets were told..

"Bro, what's the worst thing you've ever done to your future wifey?" Jessica asked a little tipsy

"Let her go..." Patrick simply answered

Patrick got dared to give Tazer a lap dance and it was the funniest thing ever. Everyone was laughing so hard.

Lauren was crying on the baby monitor, so I ran inside quick.

I went in her room and was able to rock her back to sleep. I went back out to the group and things were taking an even crazier turn. The dares were just getting crazier.

"Dare.." I said to Strome

"I dare you to kiss me.." He said

I got up, walked around to him and kissed him on the cheek...

"Not fair.." He said

"Very fair..." Patrick said

The game was winding down and people moved inside out house. It was around three in the morning and it was just me and Patrick..

"It's crazy to think that this is our life.." I said

"It is.. Our crazy, beautiful, perfect, life... Wanna go swimming?" Patrick asked

"No, I want to go to bed.." I said getting up

I was in Patrick's arms and he threw me into the pool and then jumped in himself.

We went inside, showered, and fell asleep. The next day, everyone went home. We also had the Stanley Cup at our house yesterday and we did a family photoshoot with it and had it at Lauren's party.

A few days later, we were on the airplane to Greece. I was sitting by the window and I was holding our sleeping daughter. Patrick was to my right and our family surrounded us.

Patrick whispered to me laughing, "Wanna go to the bathroom?"

I laughed and he kissed my head and I feel asleep. We landed hours later and we got to our airbnb.

Patrick and I had the most beautiful view of the water and the city. We spent two days our exploring the city and tonight, Patrick was taking me out on a date.

I was wearing a long, white, flowy, backless, beach dress. We were walking on the beach and we came to a blanket laid out with food and rose pedals everywhere.

"Patrick.." I said

"Only the best for you.." He said

We sat on the blanket and ate and talked. The sun was setting and I was laying on Patrick's lap spinning a rose he gave me.

We were talking, small talk.. Then we were quiet as we watched the sunset.

"I love you and not just because you are the famous Patrick Kane, or that you've built me my dream house, or anything like that.. I love you because you are you, My Patrick Kane and I can't wait to be your wife.." I said

"I never want to stop being this in love with you... I want to go on dates, even when we are old and our kids are all grown up.."

"I'll always be your girlfriend..." I said

The sun was setting and we were making out.

Greece flew by, our family had an amazing time. Patrick and I took incredible engagement/ family pictures on the beach..

"Why don't you guys just get married here?" Donna asked as we were sitting outside eating

"We'd love to, but we are going to get married in Buffalo, where it all began.." Patrick said kissing my head

Donna teared up and she said, "It will be beyond perfect.."

We had a girls day the next day. The guys went off on their own. We went shopping, hung out on the beach, and drank smoothies.

We were shopping and Jackie had an idea that we all pull a name and we have to buy an outfit for that person for our last dinner. We made a rule, dresses only.

I had Courtney and I was super excited. She is beautiful, but sticks to the same things. I was going to make her wear something new.

I found a super cute dress for her. After many stores, everyone had their outfit. We went back to the house and put the outfits away for tomorrow night.

Tonight, Patrick and I were doing our annual date with our parents. We were going out to dinner at some fancy place.

It was kinda awkward, but we made it fun.

Melissa's POV: (Ashley's mom)

We were all out to eat. Going on these dates were so fun. I loved getting to know Patrick's parents.

I also loved watching my daughter so in love with this boy and it's adorable to see how well Patrick treats her.

I love Patrick like he's my son and I am so happy that Ashley chose him and not Auston.

Ashley's POV:

We were eating and we started talking about kids and the parents were saying how fast it goes by.

It does go fast. Lauren is already one and it feels like I was just seventeen years old sneaking around with Patrick.

"I have a question.." I said looking at my parents

"Yeah?" My mom asked me

"What were you thinking when you found out that I was dating Patrick?"

My mom laughed and said, "I was happy for you, but I didn't trust him. I supported you, but I was hesitant. I trusted you and I saw how happy you are with Patrick, so I was happy you finally found someone you truly love.."

"I was happy you were done with Auston at the time, but man did I hate Patrick.. I didn't trust him, I thought he was just with you for fun, but I've never been happier to be proven wrong. The second he punched Auston, I gained some serious respect for him. There isn't anyone else that I would want to be with you, no one else that I would want to become my son-in-law.."

Patrick laughed and said, "Yeah, I was pretty terrified to meet you.."

"You made a hell of a first impression.." My dad said

"Is that a good thing?" I asked

"Yes.." He said

Patrick laughed and he said, "I honestly deserved to be treated so so much worse.. If Lauren ever does what Ashely did with me... I wouldn't be as kind or welcoming as you were. So thank you.." Patrick said