chapter 39

Ashley's POV:

I was now three months pregnant with baby Kane. Today, I went with Patrick to practice at the United Center.

"Hey, you're back!" Tazer said happy

Q walked in the locker room and everyone was confused.

"What's going on?" Q asked

Patrick and I said we needed to talk to the team.

"I won't be returning this season.." I said

"Why?" Q asked

Jamie was there in the back and she was smiling.

Patrick was farther away from me and I said, "Because I'm pregnant!"

Everyone was shocked, smiling, and kinda confused.

"You're having the bastards baby?" Crow asked as he hated Auston

"Actually, it's Patrick's baby.." I said smiling

"Damn!!!" Crow said

"Hell yeah!" Shaw yelled

"Daddy Kaner.." Tazer said

"Holy shit!" Q said

"Congrats Kaner!" Duncs said

Tazer came up and hugged me and he said, "Congratulations to you both!"

"Thank you" I said

I stayed and watched practice and after Patrick and I wore our red game jerseys and we held up a white baby jersey that said baby Kane.

We went to our social media accounts and posted the picture saying : We couldn't be more excited to announce that baby Kane will be here in May!

Our phones were blowing up. Some were excited, some were jealous, some were pissed, it didn't matter because we happy.

Patrick drove back to my place and I asked, "Do you want to come in?"

"Sure.." He said

He came inside and he asked, "Where is the nursery going?"

I brought him to the room right next to the master bedroom. 

"Do you want to go buy a crib with me?" I asked

"Right now?" He asked

"Yeah.." I said

"let's go.." Patrick said

We got in his car and drove to the store where we looked at cribs. It took a while because we had to pick a color for the crib, white or black. We decided on white as the room was a light gray.

We kinda went crazy and bought a dresser along with a carseat and stroller. We also bought a few other things like a changing table and a chair and yeah we went kinda crazy.

It was an expensive trip and I pulled out my debt card to pay and Patrick handed the cashier his instead.

"Patrick.." I said as we were leaving

"What?"

"You didn't have to pay.." I said

"It's not a big deal.."

"This isn't dinner.. You just spent thousands of dollars.."

"Yeah, but I have millions and it's for my baby.."

"Thank you.." I said

"Of course.." He said

The back of Patrick's car was full of huge boxes and he brought them all into the room.

He spent all day and night putting everything together and when it was done, it looked amazing.

"Do you want to find out the gender?" I asked

"It's your decision.." He said

"I want a gender reveal party." I said

"Okay.." He said smiling 

Patrick sat in the chair and he said, "Come here.."

He pulled me onto his lap and he said, "If it's a boy, we can't name him Patrick Timothy Kane the third.. I don't want our son to feel the pressure to live up to the name.."

"Okay, I totally get that. Plus it's kind weird when someone tells me Patrick is so hot that our son would come to mind."

Patrick laughed and he asked, "People tell you I'm hot?"

"All the time.. Every fan I meet tells me how hot you are like I don't already know.."

I couldn't stop myself. Words were just falling out of my mouth. Fuck.

"So you think I'm hot?" Patrick asked

"Of course I do, but so is Dylan and Crow and Shaw and McDavid, and Seguin.."

"Dirty whore.." Patrick said laughing

I laughed with him as he was totally just kidding and he asked, "What should we name our baby?"

We talked about names for a long time and it was super late and I was brushing my teeth and Patrick was leaving.

The next morning, the team was on their way to Dallas for a game. Now, I just watched on tv like a normal person. 

I also was doing a lot of baby shopping for basic clothes, bottles, etc.

I had a doctor appointment scheduled in two weeks to find out if we were having a boy or a girl and that weekend the Hawks had a home game. 

I made plans with Q that after the game, Patrick could shoot at six targets in the net and one would contain pink or blue powder, the rest there would be nothing.

Q loved the idea and I asked if I gave him the envelope that had the gender if he would get it all set up and he happily agreed.

Three days later the boys were finally back in town and Patrick came over.