chapter 28

Ashley's POV:

My sister was back home and I was staying at her house to help with Sophia. It was now mid June and Ryan was in his huge tournament this weekend. Anthony was in California this week for work, so I was with Allison and the baby.

Soph was almost two months old and we drove to the rink. Allison saw a friend from college and she stopped to talk. I carried the carseat into the rink and a man turned around right in front of me..

"Sorry!" He said

"Patrick?" I asked

He looked into my eyes and then down at the carseat. 

"Whose baby is that?" He asked

"This is our daughter.." I said looking at him trying not to laugh

His eyes almost popped out of his head.

"What?" He asked super confused

"I'm just kidding, this is Allison's baby." I said laughing

"What's her name?" Patrick asked

"Sophia Ashley Miller.." I said 

"They named her after you?" He asked smiling

"Yeah, I'm her godmother.." I said

"She's a lucky little girl.." He said

"Why are you here?" I asked

"I promised your brother I would be here.."

"I'm glad you're here because he hates me because we broke up."

Patrick looked at me and he said, "We should talk.."

"I don't think that's the best idea... I'm on babysitting duty and my dad will kill you if he see's you here."

"Patrick, what are you doing here?" My dad asked

"Mr. Hastings.." Patrick said nervously

"What the hell are you doing here? You broke up with my daughter, you don't come around her or her family, is that clear?" My dad asked rasing his voice

"I called him.." I said

They both looked at me and I said, "Dad, Patrick promised Ryan that he's be at this game and Ryan hates me. I figured the least I could do would be to tell Patrick to come here for Ryan.."

"If that's the case, fine. But stay away from him.." My dad said to me walking away

"Thank you.." Patrick said after he was gone

I walked away and left him standing alone. I went and sat with my family and held Soph. 

She was screaming in between periods and I got up and carried her outside and we went and sat on a bench in the cool summer air.

Patrick sat next to me and I said, "You don't know how to leave me alone, do you?"

"I guess not.." He said

Sophia was still crying and I was giving her a bottle and Patrick took her from me. She stopped crying and she even smiled.

"Who knew you were so good with kids.." I said 

Patrick was talking to Sophia and he handed her back to me and we went back inside.. I went back to my family and the game ended, my brother's team was the best team in the nation. 

I had been skating with his team and I went in the locker room..

"Congrats boys!" I said

"GET OUT!" Ryan yelled