chapter 21

Ashley's POV:

We officially had two days off for Christmas and my parents just got here and so did Patrick's.

They came up to the door and my mom asked, "Why are we here?"

Patrick and I looked at each other. We never told anyone that we moved in together.

"Meet my roomie" I said looking at Patrick

 Everyone laughed and seemed happy for us. Our parents each got their own rooms and the siblings were all sharing. 

It was December 23rd and Patrick and I left for practice.

"Your dad is going to kill me.." He said

"No he won't.." I said

"I might sleep on the couch tonight because I feel like your dad is going to think that we are having sex all night long when we are behind closed doors." 

"Maybe we will be.." I said giving him the look

"No.. Way too risky.. No way.." He said 

I laughed and we went into the United Center. 

After practice, Patrick stayed in the locker room for a bit and I went back in and he was the last one in there.

"What's wrong?" I asked 

He quickly turned around and said, "Nothing.. Just nervous.."

"About what?" I asked

"Your dad.." He said

"My dad likes you, I promise.."

Patrick's POV:

I showered after practice and then I went back out to the ice and I sat on the bench looking at the ice and thinking about my life. 

All the guys were gone and I don't know where Ash went. I pulled out the ring box and I just looked at it. I wanted to talk to her dad about getting his blessing, but it was too soon.. 

I was ready to get down on one knee right now, but everyone would think it was too rushed. Suddenly, I heard Ashley's voice. I slammed the box shut and shoved the box in the pocket of my joggers.

She has no clue there is a ring and I want to keep it that way. I would love to propose to Ashley on Christmas Eve when I took her sledding.

Ashley's POV:

We were driving home and Patrick seemed so nervous and it was making me nervous. We got home and went inside. Our families were getting along great.

Things were going well and my sister pulled me aside.

"What's wrong? You and Patrick are acting weird.."

"Nothing," I said

"Are you pregnant?" She asked

"No.." I said rolling my eyes

She gave me the I don't believe you look.

"Patrick's just been acting weird today and it's kinda making me nervous.." I said to my sister

"Did he say anything to you?" She asked

"No, just that dad makes him nervous.."

"Dad loves Patrick. He'll never admit it, but he adores him."

"I know he does, but Patrick doesn't see it."

"Holy shit!" Allison said almost choking on her wine

"What?" I asked

"Maybe he's going to propose?" She questioned

"Trust me, marriage is the last thing on his mind.." I said