chapter 34

Ashley's POV:

We were playing Calgary and it was a really physical game. We were down by a goal with six minutes left and we couldn't score. Q was mad because that  game should have been ours.

Patrick and I were pissed at each other.

"Learn how catch a damn pass!" He said to me

We were both leaving the locker room and fighting and we fought the entire way to the elevator.

"Maybe if you didn't try to do everything by yourself, we would be a better line.." I said

"I have to do everything because you don't do anything!" Patrick said back

The elevator opened and we got in and I said, "You love the attention.. You are an attention whore.." 

"Please, my hands are amazing." He said

"You fucking annoying.." I said as the doors shut

"And you're a complete bitch!" He said

I dropped my bag and sticks and I crashed my lips into his. He dropped everything and pushed me up against the wall and picked me up. We were hardcore making out for about twenty seconds. The elevator stopped and I stopped. The doors were opening as I held my sticks picked up my bag.

"Fuck you!" I said getting out of the elevator

Patrick said, "Fuck you too.." 

He followed me and we got our gear on the bus and we got on a plane to go to Vegas to play the Knights and wow.. Their arena is sick. This is their first year in the NHL and their entrance is just incredible. 

Patrick and I still weren't working well together. I talked to Auston everyday and spent hours looking at the engagement ring.

We were in Colorado and we had practice. Q said, "Hey, you guys.. Guess what.. Meet Rick upstairs for a look back on memory lane."

Patrick and I met Rick upstairs and Patrick said, "You fucking bitch!"

"What did I do?" I asked

"You always get me into these stupid punishments.." He said

We were running and doing stairs. I could not keep up with Patrick and I was feeling super light headed. I stopped and I sat down and Patrick came over to me on the next lap.

"Why are you sitting?" He asked

"I don't feel good.. I feel super light headed.." I said

"No, you're just trying to get out of this punishment.. Light headedness is something made up. You aren't puking or bleeding. Grow the fuck up.."

"If you would just worry about yourself, things would be so much better." I said to him

"I don't care about you. In fact, you are the stupidest mistake that I'v ever made.  I should have never gotten involved with you.. You are too young for me.. You made me fall for you and you were just one of those stupid girls who was obsessed with me..." Patrick said

I started crying and I said, "Thanks for being honest.." 

I stood up and felt like I was going to pass out. I sat back down and Rick came over and yelled at me. I told him what was going on and him and Patrick both made me keep running. 

We were done and my stomach was cramping and I was throwing up, sweating, and crying.

Jamie came up and helped me back to the locker room and I laid down.

We were going home tomorrow and I was sent back to the hotel.

We were finally back in Chicago after a week long road trip. I hated being on the road. Especially because I got food poisoning and I threw up three times on a plane back to Chicago.

I went home and laid in bed and fell asleep. I woke up feeling so much better.

I didn't eat much that night and I got up the next morning late as I had the day off as I was still recovering. 

I laid in bed and watched Netflix all day. I fell asleep and I got up the next morning for the game. It was an early game and I was on the ice and my stomach was turning.

We were playing Toronto again and I was on the boards and Auston checked me. I know it's part of the game, but damn it hurt so much..

It was the middle of the second period and I came skating off the ice, onto the bench, into the locker room and I threw up. 

One of the trainers came over and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I thought I had food poisoning.. I think it's some stomach bug now.." I said

"Sounds like it.." He said

I went home and spent that day laying in bed and throwing up. I was so miserable.

I felt bette that night and the next day,  but the day after that, I was puking again at practice and I had lots of stomach cramping. 

Jamie, my personal trainer was in the exam room with me. She took my temperature, got some basic vitals, and started asking questions.

"Have you had your period in the last month?" Jamies asked

"No, but that happens all the time when hockey picks up again."

"Go take this.." She said handing me a pregnancy test

"I'm not pregnant.." I said

"Go, it's protocol!" She said

I left the room and went to the bathroom and I peed on the stick and went back to the training room and handed the stick to Jamie.

We waited a few minutes and she was feeling my stomach.

She looked at the test and I said, "See, not pregnant..."

 She handed me the test and said, "Look.."

I rolled my eyes and looked at the test to read the words on the tiny screen, NOT PREGNANT.