Chapter 4.

Ashley's POV:

Auston and his family flew their separate ways the next morning and my parents and siblings left that afternoon and my house was quiet again.

We had practice tomorrow and I spent the whole day cleaning, doing laundry, and meal prepping.

The next day at practice, Patrick was back to his usual self. He was complaining about my pass being a little too far in front of him.

We played a few games and we were on a winning streak.

Two weeks later we played Toronto at home and at the starting faceoff, Auston said to Patrick, "Watch your back, asshole."

"You watch your back.." Patrick said

Later Auston scored and twenty seconds later, Patrick scored and mocked his celly. Everyone thought it was funny. Their next shift, they dropped the gloves and Patrick got the advantage and Auston had tons of blood dripping.

We won, by a goal, Q was pissed. Patrick was suspended for four games.

Auston was in the main training room and I went there.

"How are you?"

"Broken nose and I broke my hand.." He said

"I'm sorry.." I said laying my head on his shoulder

Patrick walked in and the lady doing the x-rays said, "I'll be with you in a minute."

Patrick sat on my right and Auston was on my left.

"Dude, get away from my girlfriend.." Auston said

"Dude, get away from my teammate." Patrick said back

They both stood up and were in each others faces. I stepped between them and I put one hand on Patrick's chest and the other on his shoulder.

"Look at me! You need to leave or you need to stop trying to fight my boyfriend.." I yelled

Patrick stepped back and put his hands up. He left the room..

"What the hell was that?" Auston asked pissed at me

"What was what?" I asked

"The hand on his chest.."

"I was trying to get him to stop.." I said defnesive

"Are you sure you aren't sleeping with him?" He asked

"Yes, I mean no... I am not sleeping with Patrick.. We aren't even friends.."

"I have to go.." Auston said

"Auston.." I said starting to cry

Auston left to get on his bus..

Why did Patrick hate Auston so much? Why did Auston feel so threatened?

I went home and I could sleep. I called my older sister and she said the fight looked bad and that I needed to talk to Patrick.

I couldn't sleep, so I drove to his place and knocked on the door and he answered.. Of course he was shirtless.

"I don't care how much you hate me, I didn't care how much you hate Auston. This needs to stop. It's dangerous for you and for Auston. Mainly, it's hurting the team. You need to put the team before yourself.." I said

His girlfriend walked out and asked, "What's wrong?"

"She's bitching me out for my fight."

"Damn right she is... You have no business fighting like that."

I left his place and I went home. The next day after practice, Patrick and I were sitting in Q's office.

"Is there something  going on between you two?" He asked

"What? Ew! No.. Why?" I asked

"Because your boyfriend is constantly trying to fight Patrick.."

"Coach, I can promise you there is nothing going between us. I can barely stand her as a teammate.. Matthews just hates me for some reason. I can promise you we feel absolutely nothing towards each other.." Patrick said

"Really?" Q asked

"Yes.." We both said

"Better be true, because Patrick you're an adult.."

"Q, it is... He's an asshole to me.." I said

A chuckled and said, "It all starts that way.."

We talked for a while longer and left his office. That was awkward. Patrick and I also had a punishment. Cleaning the locker room, packing the bags, and doing the team laundry.

We were there for five hours and we both didn't say a word to each other.

Auston apologized to me for fighting again and I was so pissed at him. I didn't say much besides I was sick of all the apologizes.

The next three days passed and we were back in Chicago. It was late after a long road trip and we were in the locker room screaming things back and forth to each other. We both screaming at each other.

The next day we were at the rink for a home game and Patrick looked very off before the game. He played really well, he scored and pointed to the sky.

After, he told us all that his grandpa passed away before the game.

He was so emotional in the interview.. That night, I was at home I was snapping the guys in our group snap. No one was with Patrick. I went to his house and knocked on the door and he opened it. He was a mess.

I hugged him and said, "It's going to be okay.."

I made him dinner and I helped him pack his bag. I slept on the couch and he slept in his room. I drove him to the airport at 7am and I went to drop him off and he asked, "With you come with me? Please?"

"Patrick, I have hockey.."

"Please.. I can't so this alone.."

"I have nothing with me. This will look really bad on us.."

"Please..." He whispered choking back tears

"Fine.." I said

We went and parked the car and Patrick bought me a plane ticket. Soon, I was sitting next to him on my way to Buffalo