chapter 32

Ashley's POV:

I woke up the next morning super early and everyone was hung over, except for me. I got into a red bikini and went down to the boat. I was just about to leave when Patrick got in.

I left and he just sat there, watching me drive his boat. 

"Where are we going?" He asked

"To watch the sunrise.." I said

I killed the engine and sat there as the sun slowly started to come up.

Patrick said, "You seem to really love it here.."

"Honestly, I do.. It remind me of Minnesota. Out here we are away from all the craziness.. It's so relaxing, peaceful, and beautiful.."

"I bought this land last summer for us.. I knew you'd love it.. So I had a key made for you.."

"Patrick, this is your place.. I don't need a key."

"Too bad, you're getting one.."

The sunrise was beautiful and it was starting to get hot.

We were about to head back and I asked, "Do you want to drive?"

"No.." He said

He went in a small compartment and grabbed the hat and he said, "You have to wear this.."

He put it on my head and I drove back to the cabin and we all went and ate breakfast. Today, everyone was leaving. 

 It was late and I was still there with Conner, Tazer and Lindsay, and Olivia and Patrick. 

I was helping clean everything up and I did about twenty loads of laundry.

We ended up staying there one more night and I woke up and headed back to the city with Conner.

I was driving home and Conner said, "Ash."

"I know.." I said

"You still love him.."

"I know I do and I'm sorry.. I want you to find someone who loves you with everything they have.."

"I want the best for you and it isn't me, no matter how much I want you.. Your heart wants Patrick.."

"I know, but he's in love with Olivia.."

"Ashley, he might like Olivia, but he still loves you. I can see it by the way he looks at you.. He looks at you like you are his whole world.."

"Conner, I'm sorry for brining you into this.."

"Hey, I've known for a long time, but I figured that I'd give you this weekend to try to re-connect with Patrick.."

I got back to Chicago and I dropped Conner off at the airport. I hugged him goodbye and he kissed my head and said, "I'll always be cheering for you on and off the ice"

I drove home and I unpacked from a crazy weekend. I was getting ready for the season to start next week. 

I laid in bed thinking about the ring Patrick bought for Olivia. I never thought he was the type of guy to get married.. He loved Olivia.. I loved him.. This was all so complicated and I had no idea what to do, so I did something incredibly stupid. 

I booked a flight and the next day I got on the airplane and that evening I found myself about to ring the doorbell.. I was so nervous..

A.N. 

Where do you think Ashley is?