0 to 100

(=^ェ^=)

Hibana's POV

"What are you talking about?" Shizuku questioned Mayu who kept glancing at the door every couple seconds as if to make sure no one was coming.
"The group of ninja who have taken over this land have made it clear to watch out for two girls with the names of the ancient clans. We do not know why, only that they really seem to want you." She replied sipping her tea. Shizuku and I looked at each other and she shrugged, we looked down to Kazan and Nami who were both sharing thoughtful gazes.
"What is it?" I asked them. Nami sighed.
"It's time you know the rest of why you were sent away when you were babies." We nodded, listening attentively to the two guardians.
"As you know, the Mizuki Inu and Kasai no neko clans were two of the first clans ever created over a thousand years ago, being the only people who had special powers over fire and water. However, then the reign of Princess Kaguya came and everything changed. She had two sons, Hagoromo -who you most commonly known as the Sage of the six paths- and Hamura who were close allies of the two clans. The three also possessed massive power which we know as chakra." Nami started to explain. Then Kazan continued.
"Once Hagoromo and Hamura discovered that people from their village were being used as sacrifices as part of a ritual of the God Tree they asked the clans for help. The clans agreed and so they hid and protected the people of the village. During the battle between the brothers and their mother, Kaguya attacked and destroyed the two clans in the form of the ten-tails to stop them fighting against her as they were close allies with the brothers and probably would have joined the battle. Now as you know you were sent to another world and time period along with us watching over you, but what you were not aware of was that you were sent there by Hagoromo after being blessed by him and given a piece of his spirit and power to protect yourselves. That is why you will find that you are liked by and have a strong connection with the tailed beasts." Kazan said.
I remembered back when I was younger and Gaara's sand would always protect me. So that was Shukaku.
"Kazan and I have a hunch as to who these group of ninja are. We believe they are descendants of a group of ninja who served closely to Kaguya and oversaw the Ritual. They blamed the clans as the reason why Kaguya lost the battle as she focused on them for too long and they stopped the God Tree from gaining any more power because of the loss of sacrifices. They want revenge which is why they want to kill you two." Nami finished. My mouth hung open.
Damn.
This went from 0 to 100 real quick.
"Regardless, our mission is still the same." Shizuku spoke up and I quickly agreed. Mayu smiled and then looked down at our ninja clothes.
"You need to blend in here if you want to get around the village." We looked down at our bright red and blue clothes and weapons that stood out.
Mayu stood up and went into another room bringing out some clothes.
We changed into the plain brownish beige dresses and long black cloak like coats which hid our weapons.
Kazan and Nami shrunk down into kitten and puppy mode and burrowed themselves under our cloaks.
"Good luck." We thanked Mayu and discreetly left her small house.
Walking around the village we saw many ninja from the revenge group all treating the villagers horribly.
"Hiba, look." I turned to what Shizuku was motioning at and saw that the food stalls were practically empty. We had to get rid of these ninja quickly.
Then out of nowhere a thought struck me.
"Nee-chan? Where does our clan go when we send them home?" She opened her mouth then shut it, her eyes closed slightly in confusion.
"I'm not sure; Nami?" She asked.
"The land were our clans used to be." A small voice came from under Shizuku's hood.
"Can we go there one day?" I asked Kazan and he agreed to take us.
All of a sudden I saw a small boy sneak behind a food stall.
"You see that?" Shizuku nodded.
He then grabbed an apple off the already almost bare table and ran away. However before he got very far three of the ninja stopped him and threw him to the ground.
"Didn't you know stealing is a crime punishable by death little boy?" One of them sneered and the boy shook in fear as the men walked closer to the boy.
"Hey! How dare you attack a young boy!" I yelled at the ninja, standing between them and the boy holding my hand out to stop them from getting any closer.
"Move aside girl!" Another ninja growled as they kept on coming closer.
"No!" And with that I fired up my hand ready to attack them if necessary. The boy behind me gripped tightly to my dress as the ninja stepped back.
Shizuku walked up and stood next to me facing the ninja as well, her eyes glowing bright blue and water and ice starting to swirl around her hair.
Then the ninja's eyes widened in recognition.
"It's them!" Their eyes narrowed in hatred and they rushed forward, kunai out.
"Hiba. Grab the kid!" I nodded and bent down to pick the boy up who tightly wrapped his small arms around my neck.
Shizuku looked at the floor and motioned with her arm to the ground. Almost immediately giant ice spikes shot out of the ground, impaling the ninja and then swallowed them back down into the earth, the dirt coving any evidence of them being there.
The villagers who were around us fell silent as they watched us and the ground in shock seeming to wait for them to come back.
"Hey! What's going on over there?!" A deep voice yelled out and a group of the rouge ninja came running towards us.
"Let's go." I said and Shizuku hummed in agreement before putting a finger to her lips to the villagers who nodded. With that we teleported away to a secluded part of the village, the boy still hugging on to me.
I crouched down to the floor and held the young boys shoulders.
"You ok?" He nodded as I checked him for any injuries. Kazan poked his face out from under my cloak and the boys eyes lit up when he saw him. Kazan jumped onto the boys shoulders and purred as the boy stroked his fur.
"What's your name?" Shizuku asked as Nami also bounded over to the boy and curled up in his arms.
"Takahiro but my uncle just calls me Taka." He piped up cutely then giggled as Nami and Kazan both licked his cheeks.
"Shall we take you home Taka?" I suggested and Taka shook his head and pouted.
"It's scawy there." He wined and held back onto my dress, Nami going back to Shizuku and Kazan resting on Taka's head.
"Where do you live Taka-kun?" Shizuku asked and he pulled away from me for a second to point to the large palace in the middle of the village.
Our jaws dropped.
First of all that's were Hiiro said most of the rouge ninja were and where he suspected the leader was stationed.
And second of all,
"Taka, your uncle is the Feudal Lord?" I asked and he nodded.
"What are we gonna do Shizuku?" I asked the blue haired ninja who smirked.
"It looks like we have our way in." I smiled, catching onto her plan.
"This is going to require maximum stealth."