The Ten Tails

_φ(・_・

Shizuku's POV

We had finally reached the battle field where Naruto, Killer Bee, their tailed beasts, Kakashi and Gai are fighting against that masked guy. Though as we approached I could sense the real Madara had arrived as well as the the Ten Tails. Hibana frowned and looked down in sadness when I told her. She shook her head and focused back on the task at hand.
The Ten Tails was powering up a massive breath attack aimed straight for the others. If that hits there'll be no survivors. Luckily Shikamaru had a plan and at his orders Ino, using Hinata's Byakugan to assist her, transferred her mind into Obito's, controlling him for just enough time to make the Ten Tails' attack miss. It's range was incredible with enough power to destroy mountains and change landscapes. We can't let that be released again.
We all came into line just behind Naruto.
"Beetle jamming jutsu!" All members of the Aburame clan released their beetles up into the air.
"Hidden mist jutsu!" And now we were surrounded in a familiar mist so we won't be so easily detected.
Unfortunately the Ten Tails pushed the mist back which Temari and her wind users countered dispelling the mist completely and exposing us.
We let Naruto argue with Obito until it was time for our assault.
"Scatter!"
First we impeded their movement by targeting their vision. The Hidden Cloud stepped forward first.
"Lightning style: Flash Pillar!" They burst into a bright light aimed to blind the Ten Tails. Next the Hidden Sand was up.
"Wind style: Air Current Dance!" This tried to stop them from sensing us completely. The Hidden Stone then proceeded immediately.
"Earth style: Vast Mobile Core!" This lowered the Ten Tails below ground.
"Lava style: Quicklime jutsu!" The Hidden Stone poured in their quicklime over the Ten Tails. The Hidden Mist was then up which my clan and I joined.
"Water style: Water Bomb jutsu!" We added water to the mix which rapidly stirred up the quicklime. The Hidden Leaf was last up.
"Fire style: Majestic Flame jutsu!" Hibana and her clan assisted the Sarutobi clan members with drying the quicklime which set it and immobilised the Ten Tails.
We knew however that we had little time to make count. It wasn't going to stay in there for long.
And so with Naruto leading with his Wind Rasenshurikin we jumped down ready to fight. Before our attacks could hit the Ten Tails broke free and forced us out of the hole.
Arashi was able to break my fall and my other wolves tried to save as many others as they could.
I flicked my ears able to hear that Hibana and her clan were also fine.
We watched as the Ten Tails emerged from the ground having changed forms. Somehow this seemed more frightening.
It began to charge up a Beast Bomb which an Iwa ninja was able to throw off course.
It fired Bombs again and again even though its control wasn't perfect.
Eventually it seemed to find its mark and shot its bomb up into the air.
"That's in the direction of..." Neji began looking ahead with his Byakugan.
"No!" Hibana and I screamed when we realised where it was heading.
"Kazan I am not the priority, remember!" She yelled over at her partner. I was about to ask what she was talking about when wind and fire rushed around her and she shot off after the Bomb splitting the earth beneath her feet. Kazan called his clan together and they waited for his signal.
"Shikamaru, Shizuku and Hibana I'm sorry I couldn't give you everything as a father." I heard Shikaku through Inoichi's telepathy.
"You gave us plenty." Shikamaru assured trying to stay strong. I had broken down into tears at this point.
"Can you tell your mum something for me? Wait! Before that, throw out that thing in the wooden box on the left-hand shelf of the storeroom without your mum finding out!" He panicked. I laughed slightly.
"We know. Don't worry." I promised him.
"Don't forget we live inside you forever." Inoichi said. I clung to Nami's pelt as I sunk to my knees.
"Don't say goodbye yet Old Man." Suddenly Hibana's voice rang out. We heard a crash and then the jutsu disconnected followed shortly after by the Bomb landing, the explosion devastating.
"Now!" Kazan and his clan then sprinted off towards the destroyed HQ.
I stood up shaking as I glared up at Obito and Madara. I have to stay strong and believe that Hibana got to them in time.
We had no time to adjust as one of the Tails came down towards Naruto. Neji, Hinata and her father stood in front of him vowing to protect him until he can get his chakra back.
All of a sudden the 10 tails rose up and released endless amounts of giant sharp thorns. At my command my clan split up to protect the shinobi who were helpless against them. Unfortunately many died in this barrage of attacks.
Using my lighting infused blades I was able to block and dodge the thorns.
The attacks began to slow thankfully as Naruto and his shadow clones aimed his Rasenshurikin at the tails.
"Earth style: Mountain jutsu!" Two giant pieces of rock came crashing together the Ten Tails trapped between them.
"Medical Team!" I stopped attacking at the sound of Natuto's desperate cry.
"Go Shizuku!" Nami pushed me forward and I took off running. Having to avoid the dead shinobi on the ground it took me longer than I would have liked to get to the others.
Naruto was standing with Hinata holding her hand looking up at Obito and Madara with hatred and an intense focus. Neji was lying on the floor next to them, three of the thorns pierced completely through his body. Hiashi was standing and crying over the body.
Picking him up I headed over to the edge of the battle field.
I couldn't save Asuma but I can save Neji.
I took the thorns out of his chest and lay him flat on his back.
Before I got to work one of Naruto's clones ran past me. I held my hand out and we exchanged a quick high five. Instantly he passed me some of the Nine Tails chakra which enveloped me in a red cloak. He smiled down at me which I returned with a determined look. He then ran off to continue giving others his chakra.
I looked back at Neji and slowed my breathing. I've succeeded in this jutsu with animals but not humans yet.
But Lady Chiyo believed I could do this so I will prove her right.
My clan had finally come back to me and stood protectively around us in a circle.
I placed my hands over his bloody chest and focused. I was barely aware of what was happening around me. However I was able to pick up the arrival of Neji's team and the crying of Lee.
"Save him Shizuku-san. Please!" He begged. I flinched as it was getting progressively harder to focus on giving him all of my chakra.
"Lee stop crying. Let Shizuku work! We must fight on!" Gai said to his student.
They went to go stand with Naruto.
I could vaguely sense that everyone had been able to separate Obito and Madara from the Ten Tails.
"Shizuku, you're almost there." Nami whispered next to me.
With one last push I propelled all my remaining chakra into Neji. Gasping for breath I collapsed back onto Nami.
"It worked." Sairen exclaimed. My wolf ears flickered until I could hear it.
A heart beat.
Neji was alive.
I breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed, my second state deactivating due to my body being so exhausted.
"Brace yourself Shizuku-sama!" My wolf Wairudo called back. The Ten Tails roared and released a huge surge of power.
I grabbed onto Neji as my clan tried to soften the blow away from us.
Lightning cracked, tornadoes raged, waves surged and the earth crumbled.
After what felt like forever the chaos around us died down. I raised my head and could smell that everyone remarkably had survived. Naruto had protected them again but I could tell he was reaching his limit. My suspicion was confirmed when the chakra cloaks that surrounded everyone disappeared.
Luckily Sakura began to heal him and the others boosted his moral by cheering for victory.
I tried to get up but my legs gave out underneath me.
"Don't move Shizuku. It'll take a while for you to recover from this." Nami explained. I clenched my teeth in frustration as I watched the Ten Tails charge up another giant Beast Bomb bigger than the ones before. Everyone built barriers but it wasn't enough and the only thing between the Bomb and everyone else is Killer Bee in his Tailed Beast form.
Suddenly the Bomb disappeared and in its place was a man who smelt similar to Naruto.
The Fourth Hokage Minato.
We all braced ourselves once again as the shockwave from the transported Bomb hit.
Everyone stood in shock as the Third Hokage showed up along with the Second and even the legendary First Hokage. All four quickly got to work in trapping the Ten Tails in a barrier.
"This scent." I looked up to see a familiar figure arrive.
"Sasuke?" Nami lifted me up and dragged me down to the others.
"Stay with Neji-kun. I won't have that jutsu wasted." I commanded my clan. They nodded and tightened rank around the unconscious ninja.
Nami and I approached the others where it seemed Sasuke had changed his mind and now wanted to protect Konoha.
He looked around and his Sharingan eyes landed on me.
"You're all here except Hibana." The question on her location was up in the air.
"She'll be back." I said confidently. His gaze gave nothing away.
"Let's go Sasuke." Naruto called his best friend and they jumped up to face off the Ten Tails, Sakura joining them.
"Team 7 is finally back!" Naruto cheered making me smile at his excitement.
Before they could do anything though the Ten Tails charged up another Beast Bomb. Thankfully due to the former Hokage the barrier was able to contain the blast.
The First Hokage made some entry points which allowed the shinobi to enter into the barrier.
I tried to get up but yet again I just fell down.
"Shizu-nee just wait here. Let us deal with this." Shikamaru said.
"You've already done so much by bringing Neji back to us." Kiba added. I looked back at the Hyūga who was breathing stronger now.
I nodded and sat back down watching as everyone charged towards the creatures the Ten Tails created to keep them away from its body.
Team 7 also brought forth their summons to help them fight.
We watched as everyone fought with everything they had until the Ten Tails began to collapse in on itself leaving a transformed Obito in its place.
He had become the Ten Tails Jinchuriki.
Using the newfound power he was able to break and dispel the barrier.
The battle between Obito, Naruto, Sasuke, the Second and the Fourth Hokage continued while Madara and the First Hokage clashed like titans.
After a while of fighting a ginormous plant with four red flowers sprouted out of the ground, each forming its own Beast Bomb.
Before anyone could counter the attack Obito recreated the barrier from before trapping us inside with the Bombs.
I felt the despair of everyone as we realised this would be it, that was until the chakra cloaks that had previously died down reappeared bigger and stronger that before.
We all braced ourselves as the Bombs exploded. Surprisingly I didn't feel the power I expected.
Opening my eyes I saw that everyone had been teleported to outside the barrier.
Naruto and Minato in their Tailed Beast forms went back inside the barrier to fight Obito. However before they could release their own Beast Bombs Obito spat out the Ten Tails which began to undergo a new transformation.
The barrier was let down letting a huge tree emerge, it's roots spreading out among the shinobi. The ones it caught had their chakra absorbed almost immediately.
Sensing the danger Nami picked me up and hauled me away from the advancing roots.
"Shizuku this is the Divine Tree. It's the Ten Tails final form." Nami informed me.
I looked up and the tree kept going and going until finally I could see the bud of a flower.
"Shikamaru!" My head snapped round at Ino's distressed cry. I scrambled to my shaky feet and stumbled over to the shadow ninja.
He was still breathing but he didn't look good. The tree had taken most of his chakra.
I tried to use my medical ninjitsu but it wasn't working.
Crap I didn't realise using Lady Chiyo's justu would weaken me to this state for this long.
"Sairen!" I called for my medic wolf. She came bounding over and got straight to work in replenishing Shikamaru's chakra levels. Sakura right behind to assist.
"Listen to me!" The First Hokage's voice rang through my head and I guess everyone else's too.
"The Divine Tree will bloom in around 15 minutes. If they get a hold of the Eight Tails and Nine Tails that time will shorten. We must either cut down that tree or defeat the caster within the remaining time." He explained everything Madara had told him. It seemed though that everyone had lost all hope.
Our fates had been sealed it seemed until Sasuke flew forward in his Susanoo and cut through one of the trees roots. This remotivated Naruto who gained his Tailed Beast form again. Sasuke also powered up by incorporating Jugo's sage jutsu into his Susanoo. They attacked.
"They're finally here." Nami said sniffing the air. We turned to see the Five Kage land close in the middle of the crowd of shinobi.
At the surge of more chakra I looked back down at Shikamaru to see the Nine Tails chakra cloak reappear. Naruto was subconsciously helping heal him. Shikamaru tried to sit up but was still too weak. Choji helped him until the appearance of Gaara and Tsunade who quickly healed him.
Gaara quickly glanced around until he focused on me.
"Shizuku, where's Hibana? We sent her over here." He questioned and I could feel the desperation in his voice.
"She went off to try and save the members at HQ. She hasn't returned... yet." I replied. He nodded and turned back to the enemy.
The Five Kage rallied all the shinobi together and with a war cry they all charged forward fighting off the attacking tree roots.
I sent Sairen back to Neji just in case and clung to Nami as we watched the battle between Sasuke, Naruto and Obito. The ground caved in creating a giant pit. I couldn't see anything but I could still sense what was happening.
All our troops jumped down and suddenly I could feel the independent presences of the Tailed Beasts. They had succeeded in extracting them from Obito.
Naruto then headed to the top of the tree and began forming a massive Rasenshurikin.
He threw his attack to the other side of the battle field signalling that that's where Madara is. Without needing a command half our troops ran over to engage.
Even the Tailed Beasts followed Gaara over there.
I guess I have no choice but to wait here.
Kakashi and Minato were still here with Obito but the other four Kage and the rest of our shinobi including my friends were at a different battle front fighting a recently appeared enemy. A white Zetsu using the Wood Style.
I tried to keep along with the battle using my hearing but it was hard to make out what exactly was happening.
That was until I suddenly couldn't feel the Tailed Beasts anymore along with Naruto's chakra!
He had been separated from the Nine Tails!
Eventually I saw Gaara flying through the air on his sand carrying Naruto and Sakura.
"Nami get me down there." Leaning on my wolf we jumped down into the crater where Gaara was landing next to Kakashi and the Fourth Hokage.
He explained how Naruto could still be saved if Minato transfers his half of the Nine Tails into him.
Minato got to work, that was until Black Zetsu stopped the transfer and absorbed the Nine Tails.
I growled threateningly and stepped forward with Gaara and Kakashi ready to fight.
However all of a sudden something crashed into the ground from the sky.
My heart jumped hoping it was Hibana. But as the dust cleared it showed that it was instead Madara who had now become the Ten Tails jinjuriki.
He and Obito conversed for a while before Obito walked over to Madara.
Gaara, Kakashi and Minato took the opening and attacked. I tried to help but my body wouldn't react. Unfortunately their plan was foiled by Madara and we all looked on in horror as Obito reached out to Madara.
Surprisingly instead of taking his hand Obito thrust his arm inside Madara's chest.
He was able to pull out a part of the Eight and One Tails chakra. Kakashi followed his lead by sending Naruto and Sakura into their dimension. Using both their Kamui's at the same time Obito was able to go into the dimension without being stopped by Madara. And thankfully Gai dropped in just in time to save Kakashi.
He faced off against Madara and charged forward surrounded in his signature blue vapour.
Kakashi came over, put his arm around my waist and lifted me to my feet supporting me.
We watched as Gai was no match for the legendary ninja.
"It's time. I'm going to use the Eighth Gate of Death." Of course we all protested. We didn't want Gai to die even if his taijutsu was our last hope. He didn't listen and with a heartfelt speech he took off running activating the last gate. He became enveloped in red vapour.
"We must support Gai!" Minato announced. Lee opened his own Sixth gate and they hatched a plan.
Using Minato's teleportation jutsu and Kakashi's Kamui they were able to clear a path for Gai to land his final hit on Madara.
Unfortunately and not to my surprise Madara was able to get up from Gai's attacks.
Gai got into another stance that Lee had never seen and his chakra turned dark and formed into a dragon's head that surrounded him.
This would be his final move. 
"Night Gai!" He surged forward and crashed into Madara. My ears twitched as I could hear their bones crack.
The force of the attack was so powerful it knocked us all far back into the tree so we got separated from the fight and the others.
Nami's head shot up.
"Natuto's back." She gave the good news. We didn't have to wait long until a giant attack exploded severing the Tree.
It began to fall until we realised it was being sucked into something. Or in this case someone.
Naruto arrived carrying Gai who was barely recognisable.
"Bushier Brow Sensei is gonna be ok." Naruto assured the panicked Lee.
"You stay here. I'm going back to Madara." He said before heading back out.
I slumped down next to the others hoping to recover quickly.
"SHIZUKU-SAMA!!!" I opened my eyes to see flash of yellow appear in front of us. It was Hibana's small cheetah Hiiro who looked hysterical.
"Where's Hibana!?" I demanded to know. His eyes dropped to the floor and his shoulders sagged.
"What's happened? What's wrong?" Gaara spoke up sensing the tension.
"Hiiro!" The cheetah's head snapped up. Suddenly he performed the summoning jutsu. The smoke cleared to unveil Kazan in such a frantic state I had never seen him in before and the giant tiger Hankon.
Kazan reached up behind Hankon and dragged something off his back.
What was covered by his mattered fur revealed to be none other than Hibana.
I choked as I saw her limp body fall to the ground.
My heart broke.
"Hibana!" I screamed, scrambling over to her side.
"Please Shizuku. You must bring her back!" Kazan begged pawing at his partner.
"What do you mean!? Bring her back!?" Gaara's voice rose as fear set in.
My eyes clouded over as I cried grabbing desperately onto her top. My throat clenched up unable to make a sound.
Her ruby red hair was splayed around her head on the ground, dust and pieces of rubble entwined together. Her eyes were closed and her mouth was slightly opened in an empty gasp. She looked as if she were sleeping. The only sign that proved otherwise was her skin.
"Why is she so cold?" Gaara had fallen to his knees grasping onto her hand. I looked at him in sorrow and his eyes widened in realisation.
"Shizuku!" Kazan, Hankon and Hiiro screamed.
"She can't!" Nami jumped up and snapped back at the cats.
"She's already used that justu today. She can hardly move let alone perform it again." She explained. The cats recoiled in shock until they slumped over in defeat. Kazan lay down next to his partner and buried his muzzle into her neck inhaling her comforting scent.
"What happened?" Gaara whispered. Once it was clear Kazan wasn't going to answer we turned to the other two.
"We're not too sure." Hankon rumbled in his deep voice.
"We rushed over as fast as we could. Once we got there we found everyone from HQ standing outside a safe distance from the explosion site." Hiiro explained.
Hankon continued.
"Kazan and I went on ahead leaving the rest of the clan to look after the survivors at Hibana's request. When we got there we found the place in ruins, hardly anything wasn't completely destroyed."
"We found Hibana in the middle of the debris like this." Kazan cut Hankon off.
"She sacrificed herself to get everyone out alive." He looked down at the girl in misery.
Suddenly the ground began to shake and the earth started to separate and fly upwards into the air forming giant meteorites. Gaara carried us all up on his sand holding Hibana close to his chest.
"We must retreat. We'll leave this to Naruto and the others." He said before we turned around and flew off a safe distance away from the calamity behind us.
"Look at the moon!" Lee called to us pointing up.
The red coloured moon adorned the pattern of the Rinnegan and the Sharingan. Which means we're too late.
The last thing I remember was the moon bursting out white light.

"Shizuku. It's time to get up." Nami's familiar voice startled me awake.
I jumped up out of bed tense and ready to engage. Nami fixed me with a confused look.
"You alright?" She asked. I looked around to find myself back in my room. Sighing, I nodded.
I must be in Madara's Infinite Tsukuyomi.
I quickly got dressed and headed downstairs.
"Oh Shizuku you're up." I turned around to see Shikaku and Shikamaru sitting at the table. Yoshio serving them tea. Grinning at the sight of the man I ran over and hugged him shocking the others.
"You ok kiddo?" He asked patting my head.
"Just a bad dream Tou-san." He hummed in thought as I let go.
"Breakfast dear?" Yoshio placed some water down for Nami.
"No thanks Kaa-san. I'm going to go out to the market." She smiled before walking back into the kitchen calling back to remind us to pick up some food for dinner tonight.
I whistled for Nami and we walked out of the house heading for the village centre.
We went to go buy the things Yoshio asked for first before heading over to our favourite quiet spot.
I realised I wouldn't be able to get out of this genjutsu myself so I'll have to bide my time and wait for Naruto and the others to break it from the outside.
"Shizu-chan!" I froze. Opening my eyes I saw a sight I didn't except to see ever again. Jumping to my feet I sprinted forward enveloping the girl in a tight hug.
"Woah, you ok?" The red head pulled away and held my face between her hands. Looking up into her fiery eyes I started to cry. She panicked and tried to wipe the tears away babbling on and on about nonsense. Kazan fixed Nami with a questioning glance which she replied to with a equally perplexed look.
"Hibana. You're back." I whispered holding onto her arms afraid if I let go she'd disappear.
"I've only been gone for a couple days on a basic mission. I didn't think you'd miss me this much." She grinned and I laughed.
"There you are." A deep voice suddenly spoke up. We turned to see non other than Sasuke strolling up to us.
"Sasuke? Are you back in the village for real?" He stared at me in bewilderment then back at Hibana.
"When did I leave?" Oh right. Genjutsu. Different dimension. My bad. I should probably just go with everything and not stand out too much.
"Urgh never mind, woke up disoriented today. Ignore me." I dismissed him.
He shrugged before grabbing Hibana's hand and pulling her to his chest. She beamed up at him, he returned the smile leaning down to leave a light peck on her forehead.
OK WHAT JUST HAPPENED!???!!!!!??!???!
Even I couldn't hold back my shock as I tripped over my own feet and fell over Nami who barked in surprise.
"You ok?" Hibana held out her hand for me. Shaking I grabbed it and pulled myself up, eyeing the two ninja.
"I gotta go. See you later at the house." Before I could leave Hibana called out to me.
"Dummy, you know I've been living with Sasuke and Tachi-nii for the last few months." Now that really caught me off guard.
"Oh y-yeah I guess I just forgot." Before I could give myself away anymore I speed walked away, Nami running after me.
Hibana... AND SASUKE!?
WHAT HAPPENED TO GAARA!!??
AND ITACHI'S ALIVE!?
AND SHES LIVING WITH THEM!!???
This is way too much for me to absorb all at once.
"Something on your mind Shizuku?" Nami asked brushing against my leg.
No harm in asking I guess.
"I was just thinking. I thought I remembered Hibana liking Gaara. I was just wondering when that stopped." That sounded natural right?
Nami looked thoughtful.
"Yeah she did. Back at the chunin exams. But he lives in Suna and Sasuke's always been here chasing after her like a lovesick puppy. Guess one day she caved." Nami laughed at the memory.
I went silent thinking it'd be better if I didn't say anything to reveal I had no clue about this word.
We finally ended up back at home as the sun was setting after walking around the village a few more times to clear my head.
"I'm back!" I called, Nami trotting through the house to go lie down.
"Welcome home!" Yoshio replied coming out to meet me and to take the groceries.
Slumping over from exhaustion I shuffled to the dining room.
"Finally! I thought you'd be out forever." Surprised at the bubbly voice I jumped slightly.
There standing in the middle of the room was Hibana, Sasuke and Itachi. Shikaku and Shikamaru were playing shoji at the table not paying much attention to us.
"They're crashing our dinner." Yoshio appeared out of nowhere to slap her son upside his head.
Itachi bowed in apology for them coming over without any notice. Of course Yoshio waved him away assuring them they are always welcome.
I looked over everyone.
Shikaku and Shikamaru at their usual spot playing games. Yoshio cooking amazing food and looking after all of us. Itachi blending in with everyone chatting to Yoshio about something as he helped her prepare dinner. Kazan and Nami lying down at the side pretending to sleep even though I know they were watching over everyone. And Hibana grinning from ear to ear supporting herself on Sasuke who had his arm securely wrapped around her waist gazing down at her as if only she mattered.
That was when I knew.
Even though this wasn't my world.
I could live here as long as I had my family with me.