Chapter 7 - Locke Vs. Winchester

Kassius

"Winchester!"

"Winchester!

"Winchester!"

The Crowd of Bandits all roar in unison, cheering the surname of the Huntsman that stands before the other gladiators in the arena. Kassius stands tall with his two swords held firmly in his grasp as he sees Cardin pacing back and forth, dragging his huge metal mace through the sand, and almost looking feral. From the stories that Kassius heard, he was more of an asshole than a creature like he seems at the moment. He also has some new scars on his arms as well that he never had before, and weathering scars on his skin as well, clearly from the sun and the sandstorms that Vacuo suffers from.

Sat down atop the booth that he found, made with ancient Arkhoni architecture, Kelham watches as the battle begins. He has multiple Prostitutes with him as well, Neryth being one of them with a giggly smile on her face as the Bandit Leader bites a chunk out of a chicken leg he has roasted. "Ooh...who do you think'll win, Kellie?" She asks him as she seductively bites his ear, and he doesn't even flinch.

"Dunno...can't wait to see." Kelham chuckles as he throws the chewed leg onto the floor, resting both his legs onto the barriers that keep people from falling over the edge.

Back at the bottom of the Arena, Kassius stands still with his swords in his hands, waiting for the match to start as everyone moves out across the arena to their positions. Most of the Gladiators are getting as far as they can from the Huntsman since they know that they do not stand a chance against him in combat. Cardin stands still with his hand holding his mace in one eye, his hair covers over one eye until he flicks it back round so then he can stare at his foes. "So this is Cardin Winchester, huh?" Kassius mutters to himself.

"Let the battle begin in three!"

The weaker gladiators shake on the spot with sweat beading down their skin whilst there are some that are calm and others that look utterly insane, bouncing on the spot. Some with hammers and others with knives. Kassius just remains calm, focusing his senses, he has fought against much, much worse odds in the past.

"Two!"

Cardin tightens his grip on his mace with a snarl.

"One!" Kelham roars before one of his bandits blows a huge horn that echoes for miles, with a triumphant bellow. Cardin walks forward, and Kassius spins his swords through his fingers as he prepares to fight.

It is clear who the Huntsmen are.

Since everyone else just charges towards each other like animals or runs away from the fight to try and escape.

Whereas Cardin and Kassius both wait.

The gladiators scream with bloodthirsty rage as they smash into each other, as soon as their bodies and weapons collide there is a thunderous uproar from the crowd. Kassius can feel the reverberations through the floor just from the pounding cheers and beats from the crowd as they stop their feet against the floor. The Huntsman with the Split Personality turns his head when a man sprints at him, screaming like a lunatic. Kassius just steps aside to dodge the swing of his hammer that smashes into the ground.

Kassius slashes across the chest of the Gladiator, spilling his blood across the floor as he screams, before he plunges the curved blade of his other cutlass straight through the Gladiator's ribcage. He gasps with agony before Kassius twists the blade to finish him off, pushing his boot against is corpse.

He turns...to meet the mace of Cardin Winchester that crashes right into his chest, sending him flying and smashing straight across the circular walls of the arena. The walls buckle and crumble, chunks of concrete and adobe sandstone crumble from where Kassius smashed through. Pieces of rebar hang out from the walls, dust pluming from the place of contact. Kassius grunts as he rolls across the floor, some cuts and bruises across his body and even some lacerations. Wounds that his fiery orange aura swiftly regenerates immediately, closing up his wounds, leaving only a few stains of claret on his chest and arm.