Chapter 11 - Meeting at the Crossroads

Kassius

Cardin smashes his shoulder straight through a wooden door, which has been weathered down over the years by the elements. He stumbles inside as the door swings open, breaking the lock that held it shut. He steps aside so then Kassius get gat in, carrying the unconscious body of Emerald in his arms, still bleeding pretty heavily from her would. A wound that really needs treating right now. He paces over to one of the wooden pews inside, for the building that they have found is a church.

Little do they even know that they have practically stumbled onto the location of where they were to meet with Vir Nominis Umbra. Probably part of his plan all along, finding Emerald and getting her to safety. Emerald's blood leaks down onto Kassius' metal hand as he sets her down, and then onto the oak seat that they have laid her down onto. "Shit...she needs bandaging." Kassius mutters as he looks around. "Stitches too! If you can find any medical alcohol then that would be good too." Kassius calls as he walks away from Emerald, searching through the cabinets left behind. This place must have been attacked by the Grimm years ago due to the slashes in the wood and the smashed windows.

Cardin walks round one of the pews and his eyes widen when he sees the remnants of a skeleton lying there, crushed ribs and torn off limbs, stains of blood all over the floor. There were clearly still people inside of this church. He looks up to see the statue of a young woman with her hands held up over her head as she looks up to the stars. It appears to be one of the many old Religions that are dead now, a religion of which that worshipped the Maidens as Goddesses. But after Ozpin and his Inner Circle came about, they made certain to keep the Maidens in hiding and make sure that nobody ever remembered them.

But the shards of their forgotten past still remain.

Cardin glances down to the weak Emerald Sustrai on the floor, softly groaning in pain from the three slash marks across her curved side. There is so much blood right now, leaking down the side of the pew in long warm stringy streams of claret. But as he stares at her, flashing memories come back in his mind, seeing the footage of Penny being ripped apart, Coco being tricked by her in their fight with Yatsuhashi and Mercury. The time where Yang broke Mercury's leg – or so everyone thought she did – because of her.

She is the reason Beacon fell, why so many good Huntsmen and Huntresses lost their lives and the rest fled into hiding to survive. He tightens his grip on his mace, feeling like he should kill her right now before she betrays them as well. "Why the hell are we even helping her after everything she has done?" Cardin questions with a deep snarl, staring straight at the green haired Huntress on the pew. Kassius stops rifling through the different medications and things he has come across inside of the cabinets of the Monk's Quarters. They have always kept medical supplies inside, and by the looks of it there are still some inside that are in date. Meaning that the Church was still being used, perhaps five years ago when everything was going wrong.

It would not be crazy to assume, the world was falling apart and people were losing faith. Maybe that is what happened here, people were massacred by the Grimm because they sensed their dread, sorrow and grief. Nothing crueller than the Grimm, because they feed off negative emotions, meaning even after an attack, there is always the chance of a second starting because of recovery emotions.

Kassius looks back at Cardin with his amber eyes, staring straight at him through the opened up doorway. "What?" Kassius questions, seeing Cardin ready to club her to death with his massive mace.

"She caused the Battle of Beacon to start in the first place, so many people died because of her. Why are we helping her after what she did?" He snarls with anger, ready to kill him. Kassius narrows his eyes as he steps out from the Monk's Quarters.