Chapter 56 - Ancient Schnee Riches

Glynda

Passing through a portal was always quite a bizarre experience.

It was hard to describe, it felt like you were being stretched and pulled constantly. You could feel the air change, the temperature would either rise or fall depending on where you went...but what never changed was the nauseous feeling you would sometimes feel. A bit like when you would get spun around a lot when sat on a spinning chair, the equilibrium in the body would get thrown off. Not everybody would get this feeling, especially those who were used to it or had a strong composure...

...this was something that ironically both Hazel and Glynda did not have. Glynda felt her head become heavier, and she pressed her palm to the side of her skull. "Gods...that's still just as bad as before." She groaned, she shook her head and Hazel groaned, he closed his eyes and he nearly vomited from the feeling he felt coming up. But luckily, he stopped it, there were enough people throwing up in the Hospital, he did not need to add to that group.

The Witches however were completely impassive to the ordeal of teleportation, and they all realised how lucky they were that the Knights' Bannermen never showed up at the battle. Perhaps the Grimm that were drawn in were also attracted to the surge of energy created by the portals that tore through space and matter itself. The Undertaker walked past them, slashed and bruised from the battle, and yet it just approached the wall, slammed the Shovel down into the ground...and bowed it's eyeless head.

The two of them looked at it, the Undertaker was almost as Honour and Duty bound as a Knight would be, which surprised them...considering its appearance. "So...how will we go about administering all this stuff you managed to make?" Hazel inquired curiously as he coughed, and then he stood tall once more after he recomposed himself again. Glynda did the same and she nodded her head with a soft cough.

"Well, we need to create safe dosages for the people infected, enough to give to everyone. As the Professor said, some people are in different stages of infection to others for some reason." Glynda explained, which meant that this situation was getting even worse. They did not even know about Patrick Greene and the stage he was already at...he was getting close to turning into a Horridus Morbus Thrall.

"We should be able to give out a couple thousand with the amount that this container has." The Alchemist explained, with the Enchantress' help they managed to wheel the Cauldron that was there through the portal, since they managed to bring a small piece of machinery to help with the transportation. The amount gave them hope, they had more than enough of the stuff...but that was not the problem...a problem that was soon going to become much clearer for them all.

They turned to see that the Professor arrived to speak with them, he was waiting for them to return after he helped the people who were desperately in need. He looked so exhausted, he was working all day, alongside Ida who walked over to the group who had finally returned. "I see it worked...I'll be damned...I never thought I would see the day that magic would save us." He scoffed. The Professor was a man of science, so the idea of magic even existing was bizarre to him, let alone to rely on it to save them from this terrifying disease.

But nothing about Remnant was as simple as it appeared.

It never was.

"What's the situation here, Professor? I understand how quickly things can change with this disease...I've seen it first-hand." Glynda asked him, since she never forgot, and never will forget, the night that Brawnz suddenly changed into the Thrall and savagely killed May.

"It's bad...our nurses have started to contract the disease from the patients that they were helping. We are becoming more and more short staffed as it is...and Miss Schnee and Mr Vasillias..." He paused and their eyes widened with fear, they looked at each other first and back at the two of them.