Chapter 96 - Reign of Fire

Hyde

The cracks carved through Kassius' face, embers and flames burned through them as his Amber Eyes burned with fury. He roared, his voice malforming into that of Mr Hyde's roar, dark and demonic all the way through. Fear stood back up and glared at Hyde, as the curse fully took control back over Fear and his personality. The guilt seemed to be shoved away and that maniacal grin of the Knight of Fear returned once more. Fear sprinted forward and launched Formido Falcem at Hyde.

He dropped down and slid under the massive Scythe as it flew towards him and dug into the rock behind him. Hyde jumped and launched Lash Equinox at the Knight, and the blade dug directly into his chest. He roared with fury and pain, staggering backwards from the impact of the sword that stabbed straight into his ribs. Fear snarled and ripped the sword from his chest just as Hyde charged forward. Hyde leapt up in the air and swung Kassius' Cybernetic fist directly into the side of Fear's skull. The impact blew the rotten skin from his head and the bony structure of his decomposing skull cracked from the strike. He staggered backwards, immediately blasting the Fear Toxin at Kassius and Hyde.

Hyde rolled out of the way, firing Vulcan Nox at the Knight of Fear, firing multiple bullets into his body. Fear recoiled slightly from one of the bullets which collided into his shoulder. He grunted with a dark voice, before he swiftly drew his Crossbow from his shoulder and fired it, sending a Bolt hurtling towards Hyde. The Possessed Kassius Locke caught the bolt in his hand and crushed it down. Sweat beaded from Kassius' pores, overcome from the heat of the embers that burned through his body like this, completely unaware of the King Wyvern which crashed down into the ground nearby.

Hyde sprinted at Fear and punched him across the face, over and over again, in a blind rage over the death of his friend – Cardin. In the background Velvet still held his body, crying over his brave sacrifice. Coco gritted her teeth with rage and her eyes ignited as she blasted at Fear as well. The Knight turned and suddenly caught her by the throat and launched her into Hyde. They both tumbled to the ground as Fear paced back and forth, approaching Formido Falcem imbedded in the rock.

"I prefer it like this anyway... far more enjoyable." He hissed with gritted yellow teeth, grinning constantly. Loss felt her body lose control once again, and Fury's mind became clouded with mad rage. The two of them sprinted at the two powerhouses whilst Emerald recovered her aura from the battle. Yatsuhashi and Fox both ran to Velvet to protect her, whilst Emerald ran past the battle in the centre.

Coco blasted up into the air and launched icicles down towards Fear, who opened his wings to block them from damaging him. Then Starla blasted up towards Coco and slashed her across her side with her Tonfas. She cut Coco multiple times before kicking her back down into the ground. Loss' Enlarged Dove Wings formed behind her back as she flew above them, firing her Bow down at them repeatedly. The arrows dove down and imbedded themselves into the ash and sand.

She then formed multiple Glyphs behind her which froze the ground, making it extremely slippery for Hyde. He stumbled as Fear launched towards him and grabbed him by the throat, flying up into the air as he punched Kassius' face strike after strike. Hyde roared with anger as the embers trailed from Kassius' face, he punched Fear across the face with rage in his voice before he bit Kassius' teeth down into his neck. Fear roared with anger and pain, plummeting back down towards the ground. Fear spun through the air and smashed Hyde down into the ground, before rolling across the ground and spinning Formido Falcem through his fingers.

Fear shot forward with immense speed, when Hyde swung Kassius' metal fist around and punched him across the jaw so hard that it snapped. Fear squawked with pain as he crashed down into the floor, his wings still sprouted from his torso. He slowly got back up, pushing the hinge of his jaw back where it should be. Hyde sprinted at him and slashed Lash Equinox downwards, across Hyde's rotten ribs, the impact pushed him backwards but as he staggered back he spun around, slashing Formido Falcem with one hand. Hyde raised the sword to block the incoming strike.