Chapter 54 - Containment

Quick Note - If you have not read After the Fall yet, and you do not want any spoilers at all, then I would recommend that you skip the first Character Section of this chapter, since there are some Backstory Spoilers for two characters.

Fox

It was different to the rest of the world, for Fox specifically...he could not see a thing, he could only feel and hear his surroundings. Taste the copper in the air and the tight metal restraints that held his scarred arms down.

The drugs that was pumped into his veins started to fade away and he looked around, and he tried to figure out where he was. He could not see a thing due to his blindness, but he pulled his arms as hard as he could but nothing worked. They had some extremely strong restraints that held his arms down, he struggled and grit his teeth in anger. "C'mon!" Fox yelled in anger as he yanked his arms as hard as he could, but as soon as he tried to move, suddenly a shock was sent straight through his body. He grunted and fell back into his seat, sweat beaded from his skin, and he felt that volts that were sent into his body start to fade away.

He never even felt the device that was fitted onto his head, something that was going to shock him every single time he would try and make an escape. "Don't bother, Fox...it keeps shocking you until you stop." Yatsuhashi's voice gave Fox the faith he needed, he turned his blind gaze to where he heard his voice, and he shuffled along.

"Yatsu? Thank the gods you're still alive...where are we?" He asked him.

"I don't know, some sort of facility, I don't even know where we are...there's old buildings everywhere, like the ones that were in the Emerald Forest and Forever Fall." Yatsuhashi explained to his friend, the two of them were completely out of the loop when it came down to Arkhonex and the history of their world and species.

"Like the Volcanic Chain Isles?" Fox asked him curiously, and Yatsuhashi paused and he pushed up his head as far as he could to try and see through the window, he barely saw the buildings but it was enough to gather an answer.

"Yeah...I didn't even think of it." Yatsuhashi commented as he stared at them, before he dropped back down into the chair, and he pushed against the restrains again, not enough to warrant a jolt though.

"Remember that place that Ruby and the others kept going on about? Before we left Beacon?" Fox asked him.

"Arkhonex...you think that's where we are?" Yatsuhashi asked him curiously.

"I'd bet money on it." Fox answered, he sighed and clenched his hand into a fist. He was covered with scars, growing up in Vacuo, in the poorest of the Vacuo Districts too, was extremely difficult.

Fox was born a blind orphan in Vacuo, hailing from a tribe called Kenyte. During his time in the tribe, his peers and family considered him weak due to his disability. At one point, his parents were killed when a part of the settlement was destroyed in a sinkhole, resulting in him being taken care of by the tribe in a communal fashion.

Fox was trained to fight by his honorary uncle, Copper, as he was the one person in the tribe who didn't view him as a frail boy. Copper was eventually killed by a loner from the tribe who wanted something he had, resulting in the tribe killing the murderer as punishment. Because of this, Fox decided to turn to Beacon Academy with the goal of protecting others who couldn't protect themselves.

Yatsuhashi on the other hand...

Yatsuhashi was born in the kingdom of Mistral, where he lived with his parents, grandfather, and his sister, Hiyoko. At the age of eight, he discovered his Semblance, and being a problem child, decided to use it to his advantage. However, this took a turn when, in a fit of jealousy, he wiped his mother's memory of his sister for a day. Yatsuhashi was traumatized by this and took care of Hiyoko while he waited for his mother's memory to return. Once they did, he came clean to his parents about discovering his Semblance, to which his parents told him to never use the Semblance again. However, his grandfather suggested that he went to Beacon Academy to master it to use his ability for good.