Chapter 80 - Leviathan-Class

Ortega

Ortega watched the massive Leviathan-Class Reaper pursuing the Team below in their car, and he paced back and forth to try and figure out how to bring this thing down. But as he walked, he heard Penny's voice from the microchip in his chest pocket. "Poked the nest, didn't we?" She asked him.

"That we did. Any ideas in there?" Ortega asked her as he walked around.

"Wait, you don't?" Penny gasped.

"Oh, ha-ha, very funny. Nobody has ever seen a Grimm of this scale before. Leviathans were the biggest, hence the Variant Class. But that? That makes the Leviathan look like a puppy in comparison." Ortega said.

"Puppies... reminds me of Zwei." Penny giggled.

"Focus, Penny." Ortega requested.

"Of course... well... I don't really know what it looks like, but from what you're saying it sounds huge. Every creature must have a chink in the armour, it's the way things work. If something was completely covered in armour from head to toe, then it would not be able to move. There must be somewhere in its body to target." Penny explained, and Ortega nodded his head.

"My main concern is if that thing decides to turn its attention away from Team R.W.B.Y and head back towards Arcturus Base. There are more people there, and that would be reason enough for it to change targets." Ortega explained.

"We could attempt to evacuate them with our other Dreadnaughts." Penny suggested.

"We could, but we may need them up here with me. Besides, how long would it take to evacuate that many soldiers and equipment?" Ortega asked her.

"Well... there's a lot down there. Maybe six hours at least." Penny calculated.

"We don't have six hours, hell we might not have six minutes." Ortega said as he brought up the newly formed Holographic mapping of the Reaper Leviathan from their cameras. He glared at the monster and he gritted his teeth. "We just can't beat that right now." He growled, pointing at it.

Ruby

It was directly behind them, so massive that the sun was blocked out by its gigantic armoured body. The Reaper roared at them, creating a sound that was so loud that it made their ears ring for a brief moment. The Reaper slammed its head straight through one of the crumbling towers. Weiss drove as fast as she could, drifting the car round one of the streets as the Reaper pummelled directly through one more building. Chunks of debris and rubble fell from the sky as the Leviathan-Class Grimm rose high in the air.

Ruby cocked the machine gun on the back, and she shot at its face, but she might as well have been throwing rocks at the gigantic beast as it turned round to dive down at them once again. It howled as it brought its huge jaws down towards where they were driving. "Keep going Weiss! We need to get as far from Arcturus Base as we can before we get Ortega to open fire on this thing!" Ruby called out.

"What do you think I'm doing?" Weiss shouted back at her, but as they drove, Blake's eyes widened as she saw Grimm flying out from the destroyed buildings around them. Skeletal Skyscrapers held the nests of Nevermores, Griffins, Teryxes and Manticores.

"Oh... great." Blake groaned, knowing that this fight was only about to get a lot harder. The Reaper kept on them, desperately trying to kill the Silver Eyed Warrior.

"Ruby forget the Reaper! We've got incoming Grimm!" Yang called out, she held onto the side of the truck with one hand and she fired her missiles from Ember Celica, sending the highly explosive missiles towards them. One of the Griffins flew directly for them, as if they were trying to crash the truck that the Reaper was pursuing. The missile exploded into the wing of the Griffin, sending it crashing down into the ground behind them.