Chapter 39 - The Activation Towers - Pt. 2

Corsac

The Rogue White Fang Bullhead soars across the sky, and inside Corsac is sat with his head lowered, his eyes staring down at the photograph that he has always carried on his person. In the picture – is both him and his brother Fennec Albain when they were children. Once they were happy, even when covered in grime, with bruises and cuts on their cheeks back in the Poorer Lower Districts of Mistral.

The memories are still so strong...even now...

When Corsac was Eight Years Old...

Fennec was always the one that had the more violent tendencies compared to his brother. Holding a knife, he stabbed at the small ants that crawled out from the nest that was outside of his house. Whereas his brother Corsac would always be by his dying Grandfather – Demetrius Albain. The Leader of the Faunus Militia during the Great War that Ortega saw slaughtering his people and even other Faunus. The Humans were attacking the Fortress to save the Faunus that were captured there with humans, being tortured every single day.

He was a different man then...a younger...and violent man.

But in his age, he became wise, and learned of his mistakes and all he ever wanted was to make things right. For both the Faunus and Humanity at first, but Mankind would never cease their efforts to harm his kind. So, the White Fang were the best possible chance for true equality between them.

But here...Demetrius was just a dying man, bedridden and barely able to keep his eyes open. And the only family he had left were his Grandchildren – that he truly loved. Corsac held his grandfather's much larger yet frail hand as he sat beside him. He had been in this state for so long, he could barely even open his eyes as he laid there. Corsac turned his gaze, all those years ago, seeing his younger twin sat down as he held the knife in his hand. He kept stabbing the ants, his anger grew, and tears welled up in his eyes as he kept stabbing them with the blade, chopping them up into little pieces.

Corsac sniffled as he looked to his younger brother, until he felt the gentle pressure on his shoulder. He turned, seeing his grey grandfather looking upon him. The two of them had nobody, just him – an old Warmonger that now had absolutely nothing left to block out his past he so desperately wanted to hide. His daughter died a long time ago and their father died as well, killed by Humans. "You...must look after him now, Corsac." Demetrius whispered to Corsac as he looked upon him, and the young man sniffled again, wiping a tear from his eye as he stared at Fennec, seeing – no, feeling – the painful anger that just builds in his brother's heart every single day that passed by.

"I don't know how, Grandfather – he never listens to me." Corsac whimpered.

"Yes, you do...bring him over here. Get him to stop harming the ants." Demetrius asked him with his raspy voice. Corsac nodded his head and he got up, he walked to Fennec as he kept stabbing the dirt where the red ants kept crawling.

"Fennec?" Corsac softly cooed as he touched his shoulder, but the younger brother growled at his contact like a Vampire would at the Sun, his ears hardening as he slightly turned his gaze with gritted teeth.

"Go away." Fennec commanded.

"Grandpa wants to see you." Corsac softly said to him, but the tears kept welling in Fennec's eyes, and he stabbed harder and harder into the ground. The only way Fennec could ever display his own internal grief was through anger. He would hit people, hit himself or break the things that surrounded him. He could never ever show his emotions, it was seen as weakness in his eyes. "Brother please."

Fennec spun around and he pointed the tip of his knife to Corsac's throat with fiery eyes and gritted teeth, his tears glistening in the sunlight that shined down upon them. Corsac fell to the ground with a yelp, crawling back from his brother, whilst Fennec just stared down at him with anger in his eyes. Then the anger shifted from rage to heartbreak, dropping the knife and sobbing, falling to his knees as he cried. "I'm sorry...I didn't...I never meant to." Fennec whimpered.