Chapter 40 - The Activation Towers - Pt. 3

Coco

The wind whistles through the canyons of Queen's Cove whilst the two members of Team C.F.V.Y clamber their way up the face of the cliff. Reaching out their hands to grasp onto the handles of stone that stick out from the rock. They both lift their light bodies upwards as they make the climb, looking around before jumping to the next. Velvet's legs swing back and forth after jumping, and she turns her gaze to Coco and who looks at her with a nod, climbing up higher and higher towards the edge of the cliff. "You good, Velv?" Coco asks her as she keeps climbing, her sunglasses somehow still over her eyes even now. Velvet pulls her body up once more, her foot finding another ledge of stone and clay to support her light frame upon.

"Yup! Just...making sure I don't...fall to my death." She strains as she continues to climb higher and higher to the top of the cliff face. The clouds floating gently in the sapphire blue sky. Coco chuckles, for she seems to be enjoying the thrill of this little escapade a little too much. But as they keep climbing up, they both gasp and they stay still, hugging the cliff as their hair gently blows in the breeze.

"Don't move." Coco whispers, as an Acolytes of Lien Gunship soars across the sky, descending across the city with a scanner, luckily it did not notice them, but it is most certainly searching for them. Whitley knew who was at the Fallingwater Estate, and they are also not blind. There are some holographic posters around the city with all their faces upon them. Coco glances down and she sees some soldiers on one of the openings beneath them with a holographic projector in his armour, asking civilians.

"Have you seen these men and women?" The Acolyte of Lien asks a romantic couple, they look at the five images that appear, but they luckily have not encountered the heroes yet. Coco scoffs as she looks down at them.

"Could've gotten a sexier image of me." Coco comments, and Velvet groans with the roll of her eyes.

"Please, your vain enough as it is." Velvet states, making Coco chortle.

"Oh c'mon, Bunny. Always room for improvement, even for perfection like me!" Coco giggles, only making the innocent and modest Huntress groan even louder. If she groans any louder, she most likely would have alerted the Acolyte beneath them. They both continue to climb up the cliff face, when they finally reach the summit. They both reach out and grasp the sand and rocks, nearly sliding off at one point before throwing their bodies atop the surface of the ground. They both roll onto their backs and laugh with amazement as they stare up at the sky, their brown hair splayed out across the sand. "Wow...can't believe we did it."

"You? I'd have pegged you to be certain we'd be fine." Velvet chuckles.

"Eh, fifty-fifty." Coco says as she gets up and she crouches down and pulls Velvet back up to her feet. They both wipe the dust from their bodies, but suddenly Coco pushes Velvet down to the floor again, and she plants her body atop hers. Velvet yelps, but then Coco shushes her with her palm to her lips. "Quiet...incoming..." Coco whispers as she holds Velvet close, luckily, they are behind a parked car. They then shimmy their way underneath it, and Coco stays atop her smaller friend, protecting her as always. They both look under the car to see what is incoming.

Another one of those massive Tanks, the eight treads crushing the sand and stones beneath its weight. And there are many Acolytes of Lien walking alongside it, the downdraft from an Aircraft of some kind – they cannot see it under the car – and quite a few trucks. Some of them are Jeeps like the one they have but more militarised and one of them looks like it is a huge truck, alongside an Armoured Truck as well. Probably has a high calibre machine gun attached to the top, which could deal some hefty damage if it needs to.

The two of them remain together underneath the car, and Coco looks down at the beautiful Faunus girl beneath her, slightly blushing before she whispers down into her ear. "We wait for them to pass, okay?"