Chapter 20 - Knight of Guilt

Kannix

The Hunter Gunship roars across the Mountain Range, away from the Chapel of Vengeance and Dawn, the afterburners billowing blue flames charged by multiple cells of dust of many different forms. Heavily armoured and painted with a shifting camouflage, one that is currently taking the arctic colour scheme, to hide in the snow. But the closer they get towards the woods on the face of the massive mountains the camo morphs into Woodland.

Inside of the Gunship are both Kannix Volantis and Neopolitan, the Assassin's hired by the Acolytes of Dawn, and working for the False God. Sat down in one of the chairs, Kannix bites onto a cloth as he snarls in agony as he uses his metal arm and extends the blade, heating it till it is white hot. With his chest gear ripped off it shows his many scars and tattoos he has collected over his thousands of year long conflict. Some of them look like they were slowly engraved in curvy shapes over his pecks and many stab wounds battering his body, up his back and in his shoulders. He has many burns too, but also many tattoos. Some of them look like they are just random things, such as a Grimm Wyvern, and others look more...personal.

A pretty young woman with long red hair and silver eyes, just like Cynthia Nikos. Many forget that he was madly in love with the young woman when he was not cursed, when he was just a squire for Kragen Nox...before it all went wrong, and he became a monster. A monster with no hope for redemption, not even a wanting for it either. He is who he is and has accepted it...even enjoys it.

The smaller person in the cockpit glances back at him, silent as ever as she looks at him with his chest bare and the blade closing in on the bloody wound. With countless towels drenched in claret to try and clean up the wound. Most people would be either dead or about to die from a wound like that...but Kannix? This is not his first rodeo, and that much is clear from the number of scars on him, something that Neo examines with her pink and brown eyes. Her long pink and brown hair tied up into a ponytail as she flies carefully.

He presses the blade against his stomach where Harbinger stabbed straight through him and he roars in agony, luckily it did not come out the other side, otherwise he would need to do it twice. He bellows of torment as he feels the almost flaming steel blade melting the skin and welding it all back together, cooking it and creating a terrible cooked stench...like that of a barbecue but nowhere near as salivating. After a few seconds of inflicting such agony upon himself and he pulls the blade away, ripping long liquid and stringy strands of molten skin behind.

He bites the cloth in his mouth as he fights the body trying to fall unconscious, he reaches over with his metal hand to the open medical kit and he picks up an Aura Amplifying Syringe...another one of Archer Merlot's many creations he has made for the Acolytes of Lien.

The needle punctures into his skin and right into his bloodstream, pressing his thumb onto the injector and forcing the fluid into his body. He sighs with relief as his dark red aura crackles over his body and begins to stop the pain and fix the internal damage done to his body from that huge sword. He pants away, sweat on his bruised forehead, then he looks at the rather concerned Neopolitan who has set the Hunter Gunship to Autopilot. He scoffs as he looks at her, his hand still pressed to the throbbing pain in his stomach. "Enjoy the show, ice cream?" He asks her, calling her by the pet name he gave her, and she narrows those large eyes and she gets up from the cockpit, walking over to the fridge inside of the ship they have been given.

She reaches in and grabs a bear, throwing it to him, he catches it with ease thanks to his trained reflexes, and he pops the cap from the bottle with his metal thumb. She takes a small bottle of orange juice out though, and she walks away from the fridge after closing it and sits down opposite him where that table is on the ship.

Kannix sighs as he twists his metal wrist round, thinking on his semblance and strength of his aura. "Gods I hate my semblance...sure it has kept me alive...but it doesn't really...protect you much does it? No cool powers like that Xiao Long chick, or that Belladonna girl. Just pain is what I have..." He states as he swigs some of his bear down, the cold bear and the condensation on the glass dripping onto his hot skin is a real relief after what he just had to endure.