Chapter 36 - The Hym

Weiss

The night sky...so beautiful, and thanks to the Dust Usage for power, the skies are absolutely stunning. Thousands of twinkling stars stretching out across the endless canvas of beauty. A few colourful auroras in the sky where stars are being born. Even though some of these stars are indeed starting to fade away due to the coming annihilation...it feels good to just look at them. The ones that are left in this beautiful night sky.

That is precisely what Weiss and Neptune are doing, laying down in the grass on a soft blanket together, eyes gazing up at the endless stars. Weiss is wearing a comfortable fluffy brown hoodie that her beloved boyfriend bought her one Valentines Day, something she still wears on occasion now. Neptune has one hand behind his blue hair as he looks at the stars with her, feeling so peaceful with her at his side.

Only the two of them, and the occasional sounds from crickets in the grass, but they do not disturb them. It reminds them in fact of how beautiful the world is, and she reaches down and holds her boyfriend's hand as she looks at them. When a Shooting Star darts across the sky, and she gasps with excitement, extending her hand and pointing at the sky where she saw the twinkling projectile. "Shooting star!" She calls out, and he nods his head with a smile.

"I saw it! Quick! Make a wish!" Neptune says to her with a smile on his face, and she snuggles up to him and closes her eyes as she makes her wish. However, she does not say a word, she just smiles as she nuzzles herself into him, her arms gently wrapped around him, feeling so at home with him as he gently puts his other arm around her and kisses the top of her white-haired head.

"Made it." She says, and he raises a brow as he looks down at her.

"Gonna say what it is, or you gonna just keep me guessing?" He asks her, and she smiles as she looks up at him.

"We'll see if it comes true, won't we?" She asks him with a smile, and he can't help but smile back at her beautiful grace. She holds onto him, never letting go as they continue to spend time together. The Undertaker stands alone in the distance, keeping his eyes on them as they have time together in the garden. It does not interfere, it does not even seem to move or look directly at them, it just stands with the beauty of nature. Easy to forget how perfect the world can be when you block out all the chaos and Human Intervention.

Ever since the Witches gave them that concoction they made together, the Afflicted have been out and about constantly, taking in the air. Even though Horridus Morbus is still in their bodies, but the spell cast with the potion is one hell of an impressive masterpiece. It might not cure them but gives the body the strength to fight it for longer, and the protective barrier prevents the plague molecules to spread further. It does not even get into their clothes, meaning they can still wear them – however there is still a downside to it. They can be touched but any kind of bodily fluid transfusion, be it kissing or even intercourse, it can still spread, because that is directly traded.

But in a strange way, Weiss and Neptune are safe in every way from that account – because they are both infected. So...it can't possibly get any worse. "It's crazy..." Neptune softly says as he lays there with Weiss, and she glances up at him.

"What is?" She asks.

"How far...we've come...you and me..." Neptune admits, and she turns to look at him completely, resting her head against her supported hand, her other hand gently laid upon his chest.

"What do you mean?" She asks him curiously, her long locks of white hair falling down the side of her head and onto his shoulder. He caresses her white hair gently with his hand, as he speaks.

"Well I doubt seventeen-year-old me would have expected us to have been together this long...I was an idiot back then." He admits with a heavy sigh, remembering how much he would flirt with the ladies but would never act on it. Or more importantly his fear of dancing and embarrassing himself.