Chapter 32 - Fresh Air

Glynda

The portal opens on the vast and beautiful plains of Vale, stunning flowers seem to stretch out for miles with the bright sun shining in the sky. Blue expanding over their heads evermore, with not a single cloud hanging above their heads in this sky. The air clean and pure, and Glynda walks out from it with the Alchemist and the Undertaker at her side. The hulking creature built out of all kinds of organic matter walks forward with the huge shovel held in its grasp, looking around the area with a soft yet creepy breath leaving its voice as it caresses the steel blade.

It walks slowly, every step creating some kind of quaking feeling in the ground, with Glynda stood behind it, with her Crop held in her grasp. Despite the fact that this thing is indeed on their side, she does feel a bit intimidated by it. However, it is likely the point, to scare off wanderers who would enter their swamps and kill them if they try to proceed any further. The Alchemist walks past the teacher and she holds her pouch in her hand, looking around for the plants of which she needs, herbs required for the potion that will boost their bodies to the point of health. They will not be cured from this, but it will give them more time and the ability to go outside thanks to the protective artificial aura created by it.

Glynda walks behind the Alchemist whilst the Undertaker remains stood on guard, and she looks back at the creature they built from death. "Is that thing safe?" She inquires curiously, and the Alchemist turns, looking at the Undertaker before her new friend.

"Oh, worry not, he won't attack unless I give him the command. He is basically a machine, he follows our orders without question." The Alchemist explains, and Glynda exhales through her nose, since that is probably the best answer, she is gonna get.

"So, what does it do when you don't give an order?" Glynda asks her, and the Alchemist turns back to her.

"Then it stands guard, that is its purpose. Just as the Leshens were." The Alchemist explains in return and she nods her head.

"I remember hearing about that, from Qrow. He told me you created the Lord of the Wood." She states as she approaches the Witch and she shakes her head.

"No, we just built the Leshen. The Lord of the Wood has no real form, just like all the Higher Demons. They just take forms of their choosing but have no true one. Our Leshen went out one day and never returned, it is possible that the Lord of the Wood searches for creations like our own." The Alchemist explains with her strong theory held strong, and not only this but is very plausible from the flashback that Kassius had of Hyde's past. The Lord of the Wood was different, he looked like a giant Raven with bones and metal forming the body, meaning that must have been built in that universe as well.

This is simply their version of the Lord of the Wood in this universe.

A chilling thought though, that all the Higher Demons do not seem to have their own true forms. Even the Onyx Phantom does not show itself as its own real form, since it takes the dark reflections of whomever it is facing. The Whisperer's form is unknown, the one they saw was merely shadows and faces of nightmares and worst memories. The Ebony Berserker appeared as the destruction that war, and suffering brings, and like the Phantom it was seen as the burning apparition of its targets until becoming Mr Hyde.

And Vir Nominis Umbra?

Well he is the only one they have seen the true form of, the False God. The terrifying monster of darkness and glowing red eyes that would scar any warrior for the rest of their days. "You know a lot about the Demons...have you faced them before?" Glynda inquires curiously, and she pauses, looking back at her.

"Which ones?" She asks back.

"Which ones?" Glynda replies in the exact same way.

"There are Higher and Lesser Demons...I have killed my fair share of Lesser ones like Hymns and Succubae." The Alchemist states as she stands up, flicking her hair over her shoulder, crossing her arms over her chest.