Chapter 57 - The Fall of Arkhonex

Wymerus

Memories...

...some are dreams...and others?

Nightmares...

He stared at himself in the reflection of the puddle, the lightning crackled across his body, purples blues and reds, his emotions were almost on fire. So much confusion of what he had become, he stood on the hill where the storm had once raged. The Mace sat at his feet, but he could not even look at it, and yet his hand kept reaching for it. His face was not his own, the electricity flowed like water across his old jawline, his eyes glowed bright orange and purple, his mouth opened, and clouds of stormy vapour trailed from him.

"W-What have I...become?" He stammered with fear.

His voice was crackling, as if there were two voices that spoke at the exact same time. He pressed his electrified hand against his cheek, then there was a flash of energy that pulsated. Yet he could not feel it...there was only one thing that he could feel. It was like anger, but not an uncontrollable rage...more like an anger that was mixed with his own grief. A grief that he could never, ever cool from.

That feeling...

...it was a desire for revenge.

And he would never, ever be able to claim that vengeance he desired. He glared at his own reflection and he covered his face, he panted with terror, unable to comprehend what had just happened to him. He thought he died, it felt like he died when that lightning bolt struck him at the gravestone of his family...and yet...here he was. Broken, lost and alone.

He pulled his hands away from his terrible face as the sparks of electricity crackled within his skin. His face never returned back to normal, no matter how many times he wished that this nightmare would end. "What am I? Why am I still here?" He screamed as he clawed at his face, only for the electricity to bind the flesh back together. No matter what he did, nothing ever seemed to work, nothing ever seemed to bring him any pain whatsoever.

He could not take it any longer, staring at this stranger in his own reflection.

"That's not my face! Go away! GO AWAY!" Wymerus howled, before he slammed his crackling fist straight into the puddle with all his might. The water ruptured all around him, the electricity passed through the conductive element beneath him. It splashed over his body but evaporated as soon as it contacted his body.

He heard the sound of something landing behind him, it surprised him when he saw four other entities similar to him crash down to the ground. The largest of them all was clad in jet black Isomacium Armour, glowing blood red eyes stared at him as he started to stand back up. All of them were the same, lost and confused. The second to stand tall was the most recognisable – it was the beautiful Starla Schnee, but in a Black Widow's Dress, with her Bow in her hand, and arrows attached to her back. The third stood with a crooked back, hunched forward with a hood of rotten skin pulled over his head, glowing golden eyes and long strands of dead hair.

And finally...

...the Burning Knight.

Wymerus already knew who he was, he saw the duel flamed Berserker Axes that were in his grasp, with jagged molten teeth inside of the grill of the Knight Helmet. The flames burned bright and hot across his entire body.

They were all brought together for the first time.

Death

Loss

Fear

Vengeance

And Fury

The Five Knights of Grimm.