Chapter 100 - Upon a Pale Horse

R.W.B.Y

Down below in the shattered wasteland...

Summer paced back and forth, her silver eyes constantly glowing and focused on the Higher Demons. She was holding her own, but she knew her form could not hold up against three Higher Demons on her own. The Lord of the Wood slowly paced as well, whilst the Whisperer stared her down and the Onyx Phantom viciously snarled at her. Fire surrounded them; smoke darkened the sky from the seemingly endless conflict. "What? Had enough?" Summer challenged.

"Do you think this is wise, Summer Rose? Challenging what you have left against the Higher Demons?" The Onyx Phantom barked viciously.

"More than my heart drives me now." Summer assured, and the Onyx Phantom scoffed with anger.

"Your meagre resilience disgusts me! Your hearts are all plagued by the Decay of which the Brothers Grimm forged, a fate that is the same just as everyone else! A fate that always ends in destruction!" The Onyx Phantom bellowed, he suddenly blasted towards her and slammed his fist down towards her. The impact shattered the ground and the explosion threw her up into the air. Summer flipped backwards and she fired from the barrel of Blossomed Rose. The Onyx Phantom shoved his shoulder into the bullet, it did not damage him, but he still snarled with savagery in his eyes.

Summer landed and stared him down. "Your actions cannot save your child from the fate that all the others have faced." The Whisperer promised, Summer smirked right back.

"If you believe that then you never have known my daughter, have you?" Summer scoffed. "No wonder you couldn't corrupt my girl... you don't know the first thing about her. She is stronger than you could ever hope to be." Summer stated, and the Whisperer chuckled, then looked over its shoulder to see Ruby landing down from above, dragging Crescent Rose into the face of the cliff to steady her descent. She spun her large Scythe through her fingers and slammed the blade down into the ground, her aura healing her wound just enough that she could fight again. She was nearly back into the green, but still needed a bit more time – so she knew she had to be careful.

Weiss dove down and cast one of her Glyphs, bouncing off it and landing down beside Ruby, whilst Blake swung and flipped through the air, beside Ruby as well. Yang was the last, firing Ember Celica and using the recoil to control her plummet. Team R.W.B.Y stared the Higher Demons down and the Whisperer chuckled sinisterly as it stared them down, eyes glowing bright red. Then it's body shifted once more, back into the body of Roman Torchwick. "The four of you never seem to learn, do you?" The Whisperer chuckled in Roman's voice, crossing his arms.

"Think again, asshole." Ruby scoffed, that's when the Lord of the Wood turned his gaze to the sudden impact behind him. He saw Nora stood there with gritted teeth, Magnhild rested over her shoulders, eyes crackling with pink lightning. She felt her scar sting, but she was not letting that stop her from fighting the Higher Demon this time. Just because it was connected to her life... it did not mean she could not destroy the body just like anyone else could. Ren stood beside her, whilst Kassius landed beside them, slamming his fist down into the ground, one of his eyes faintly shimmering with fiery amber glows. And Glynda stood beside them as well with the Disciplinarian in her grasp, causing multiple large rocks to rise up behind her.

The Onyx Phantom turned as well as Team C.F.V.Y all emerged from the fire, weapons at the ready as the stared the Higher Demon down with determination in them. The Onyx Phantom grinned sadistically at them. Summer then spun Blossomed Rose around, ready to fight with the three sub-teams against the Higher Demons. "So... feeling so cocky now?" She asked the demons, then Lord of the Wood shifted its clawed hand into a wooden spike, held onto a long root which grew within. The Onyx Phantom mirrored the body of Yatsuhashi, half his face cracking and burning away into smouldering embers like every dark reflection made by it.